PDA

View Full Version : Development Files

chezzagriff
06-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I know the EYFS is upto the age of 5 but I have a little one who is 4 and with me only 2 afternoons a week. The rest of the time they are at school nursery. Do I still need to do a development file? I have a daily diary book that I write in to say how their day has been. I just assumed the nursery would be doing the observations as the child spends more time there than with me.

rosebud
06-03-2013, 07:09 PM
I would just make a note in their diary if they do or say something new along with suggested next steps, you're still recording it, just in a different format. I may contribute to the child's learning journey at nursery with some termly observations but this would probably depend on my relationship with the nursery.

sarah707
06-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Having read a number of Ofsted reports recently I can say quite confidently that a lot of inspectors seem to be looking for more evidence than I personally think the EYFS requires us to provide on children who are in other settings more than with us or who are in reception class at school.

I keep LJs going until they get to school and then I add bits and bobs for another year until the end of reception. It's hard because they are not here much but I try and get 1 photo a month, some obs and next steps, notes about how they have joined in with our group activities etc.

Hth :D

Rubybubbles
07-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Sarah I thought once they stared reception we no longer had to do ljs for them! I have no I put from school only pre-school who must have an impending inspection s they have been very proactive with me all of a sudden (from me getting onto them since sept lol)

sarah707
07-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Sarah I thought once they stared reception we no longer had to do ljs for them! I have no I put from school only pre-school who must have an impending inspection s they have been very proactive with me all of a sudden (from me getting onto them since sept lol)

That's why I said they are looking for more evidence than I think is required by the EYFS Ruby ...

It is up to the individual how much they do for schoolies but it's something that is getting picked up at inspection.

It's just one more barrier they seem to be putting in our way at the moment :(

jackie 7
07-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Stupid me thought they were reducing the paperwork. Oh no we will have an agency assistamt to do it for us. All we will have to do is look after the little darlings.

chezzagriff
08-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Hes only been with me for 3 weeks so I will just start doing one a month then, that way Ofsted cant say anything :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
08-03-2013, 11:38 AM
That's why I said they are looking for more evidence than I think is required by the EYFS Ruby ...

It is up to the individual how much they do for schoolies but it's something that is getting picked up at inspection.

It's just one more barrier they seem to be putting in our way at the moment :(

Sigh oh well I do scrapbooks for older children but parent did give me feedback from parents evening so guess I need to keep it as evidence as well now