PDA

View Full Version : Building Work

mrs_scottydog
06-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been off the radar for a while as I've not been working. Hopefully soon I'll be back on here a bit more once I'm working again.
I'm coming to the end of having my building work done. We've had the bathroom moved and an extra bedroom built. Do I need to get Ofsted to check the new rooms before I start minding again? I'm sure when I registered on my course they said we'd need to inform Ofsted of any building work but a lot has changed since then.
Hopefully one of you will be able to advise me. Hx

rosebud
06-03-2013, 04:11 PM
I'd give Ofsted a ring and ask them, they might just ask you to do a risk assessment and send it in.

bunyip
06-03-2013, 05:40 PM
As I understand it, you're supposed to notify Ofsted of changes to premises.

They put out a factsheet this year, Records, policies and notification requirements of the Early Years Register, A childcare factsheet no. 120412. In the list of things "You must tell us about" is,

the details of any changes to the premises where the childcare takes place. This includes changes that affect the space available or the quality of care available. One example is building work to extend or change premises

I called them when we started work on some fairly minor changes: converting the use of one room; rearranging the kitchen; and repositioning 2 doorways. They were very relaxed about it and just wanted a temporary risk assessment in place on top of the usual "refer to EYFS" comment.

:)

mrs_scottydog
07-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Thank you for your replies, I'll call them this morning. Hx

mrs_scottydog
07-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Having spoken to Ofsted they have advised that I need to email them about the work that has been done. I don't need to have anyone out to have a look at the new rooms and I just need a risk assessment for my own records. Hx