PDA

View Full Version : Faded little trikes - paint???

Sweetpea
06-03-2013, 02:40 PM
I have a much loved little trikes climbing frame that now looks a little faded and tired.

Has anyone painted theirs?

What type of paint did you use and has it survived?

Thanks

Sweetpea x

hectors house
06-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Is it plastic coated, if so don't think you can paint it - I noticed at the weekend how much all my outdoor trikes and sit on toys have faded - especially red ones. I have an ancient swing (was mine when I was little), frame made of metal, just gets a coat of metal paint every couple of years and looks as good as new!:D

Tunja
06-03-2013, 02:49 PM
I have a much loved little trikes climbing frame that now looks a little faded and tired.

Has anyone painted theirs?

What type of paint did you use and has it survived?

Thanks

Sweetpea x

Is it a metal one? I used hamerite on our metal framed slide. Not sure what you can use on discoloured plastic. A dye possibly. But it will be subtle changes to the plastic due to sunlight that causes the fading.
Tunja

Sweetpea
06-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Yes it's plastic

nipper
06-03-2013, 05:56 PM
The red always fades quickest on little tikes stuff. Why don't you trying complaining to their customer services department - see what that brings you:D

Sweetpea
06-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Tbh I can see why it's not in little tikes interests to make them easily painted. They last forever except the colour!

Has noone painted theirs?

blue bear
06-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Mines faded to quite a nice pink and a hint of yellow, never thought of painting it to be honest. It still works fine and is safe that's all that matters to me.