PDA

View Full Version : oh Im loosing the will to live!!!

emmadines
29-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Ive not had any phone calls with regards to placements!:crying: Ive put posters in every place possible, Ive even gone round the local hospital with posters, to every ward and office, placed an add in the yellow pages etc!!

Im starting to loose the will to live, Im starting to wonder if Ive wasted my time registering as nothings is happening!:crying::crying:

is there anything else I can do?:idea: :idea:

miffy
29-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Do you know any other minders in your area? Is it a quiet period for them too?

You could try a leaflet drop at local playgroups, toddler groups or even at the local school gates. If there are any events locally like village fetes then go give out some leaflets - you never know what may turn up.

Good luck - you may find people start looking for places for September any time now

miffy xx

brillminder
29-06-2008, 05:15 PM
hi
have you done the library & school. ?
Also go to visit at the support group and tots group in your area leave some cards and introduce your self.
good luck

Annie_T
29-06-2008, 05:18 PM
oh hun

have you tried a leaflet hand out in town? leaving on cars with car seats?

im sure someone will come along soon

charleyfarley
29-06-2008, 05:36 PM
When I was in Tescos in m/c space a local nursery had put leaflets on the windscreens, have you a local supermarket you could do this?

I have t-shirts advertising I'm a childminder on, do you have these?

Vista print do free business cards, only pay for the p&p, infact they do loads of stuff, make sure you only have the free stuff though.

Drop it into every conversation that you are a childminder

I also have the NCMA registered childminder badge, it only cost £5.00

Good luck with getting some calls, I'm sure they will come

Carol xx

miss mopple
29-06-2008, 05:40 PM
When I was starting up I emailed every local minder I could find an address for and introduced myself and asked for any [erals of wisdom they may have on filling vacancies.

It was the best move I ever made as several of them passed my details on to people, and I have made really good friends with a couple of them too :thumbsup:

How about an advert in your car window or school/preschool notice board?

Hang in there. It will happen, its just takes time

chels55
29-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I felt exactly the same as you
advertised everywhere even did leaflet drop but it was another minder who passed my details on to parents

good luck im sure you will be up and running soon
Kerry

miss muffit
29-06-2008, 05:55 PM
When I was starting up I emailed every local minder I could find an address for and introduced myself and asked for any [erals of wisdom they may have on filling vacancies.

It was the best move I ever made as several of them passed my details on to people, and I have made really good friends with a couple of them too :thumbsup:

great advice ...go to childminding groups and toddlers and just make your self known to others
and the best of luck :thumbsup:

disney
29-06-2008, 06:41 PM
oh im so sorry for you please dont give up im sure something wil come along soon :) x

breezy
29-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Getting to know other minders is a great way of getting business

emmadines
29-06-2008, 07:08 PM

ooooo thats a good idea!! what type of thing did you put in your email?, Ive gotta pop into town so I might go and look at the parent and child bays and leave some leaflets!

Lottie
29-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Have you created a website? If not I would suggest that this is a good idea. You can then make posts on advertising sites etc with your link. There are lots of ways of getting your website noticed on the internet. If you want any help let me know.

Oh and netmums and gumtree place ad's on there. This is where all my parents and prospectives have found me, plus google too.

emmadines
29-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Have you created a website? If not I would suggest that this is a good idea. You can then make posts on advertising sites etc with your link. There are lots of ways of getting your website noticed on the internet. If you want any help let me know.

Oh and netmums and gumtree place ad's on there. This is where all my parents and prospectives have found me, plus google too.

oo thankyou, I will have a look at those sites, yeah i have a domain and am getting together with a friend to build the site when my mums got the kids, should be a learning curve!!

Mollymop
29-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I am sorry things are quiet for you and you have had no enquiries, but I am sure things will pick up soon.

I have just been through 2 months of no enquiries and now I am getting them all the time

devoncm
30-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Sorry its going slow for you at the moment, it hasnt been lively here either, it took me a while to get started posted evrywhere could think of, i was reg in aug last yr and didnt get enquiry til feb had the boy start,they got me through internet think they just typed in childminder and the area and i was at the top, then 2 wks later had another one through advert in shop window, in april had a friends 2 kids for couple weeks then went quiet again most of my enquiries come from adverts tho or internet.
keep your chin up and just spread the word that your a childminder, i did do a leaflet drop too but havent had any replies but they may keep it for future ref.

nell57
30-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Sorry things are not happening for you at the moment, I know its frustrating but try to stay positive.

When I first registered I didn't get a phone call for 4 months, after advertising everywhere i could think of, then got 4 phone calls in 2 weeks, with 3 signing contracts.

Fingers crossed you get some phone calls soon, good luck.

Helen

Banana
30-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Sorry things are slow starting for you,

I hope that you get the enquiries soon and fill your vacancies.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

xxxx

Heaven Scent
30-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Keep in touch with your local CIS every time you ring your name goes to the top of the list. Theat all I can add extra - got most of mine through my local CIS.- I'm sure things will pick up it tends to go in cycles - chin up and don't give up.