PDA

View Full Version : Display noticeboard

Lucy000
06-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi just wondering if anybody knows where I can buy a huge noticeboard to display pictures, posters etc... I don't really want to ruin my walls so looking for a board:)

I know shops like wilkinsons have them but they're quite small
Thank you

Tunja
06-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi just wondering if anybody knows where I can buy a huge noticeboard to display pictures, posters etc... I don't really want to ruin my walls so looking for a board:)

I know shops like wilkinsons have them but they're quite small
Thank you

I have a large magnetic white board from Staples. You can buy some sizes on line but their price was cheaper at the time of purchase.
Tunja

Tinkerbell1979
06-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Cork tiles from b&q ???

Mouse
06-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I bought mine a couple of years ago from Amazon, for a really good price. They've lasted well & I love them for displays etc.

I cleared all the children's work off over the christmas hols & put our family christmas cards on them!

I think this is mine

5 Star Premier Noticeboard with Fixings and Aluminium Trim W1200x900mm - Blue: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Premier-Noticeboard-Aluminium-W1200x900mm/dp/B000SHUGDG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1362577485&sr=8-3)

supermumy
06-03-2013, 01:48 PM
I got mine from ikea

hectors house
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I bought mine a couple of years ago from Amazon, for a really good price. They've lasted well & I love them for displays etc.

I cleared all the children's work off over the christmas hols & put our family christmas cards on them!

I think this is mine

5 Star Premier Noticeboard with Fixings and Aluminium Trim W1200x900mm - Blue: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Premier-Noticeboard-Aluminium-W1200x900mm/dp/B000SHUGDG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1362577485&sr=8-3)

Thanks for the link Mouse, have got a plasterer coming in tomorrow to replaster my porch walls - up til now I have just used bluetac to put up displays of childrens work and have a small cork board with parents info on. I was wondering where I could get a large board from - can I ask do you use drawing pins or the pins they recommend as I am worried about them coming out of board and mindees eating them or standing on them?

Mouse
06-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the link Mouse, have got a plasterer coming in tomorrow to replaster my porch walls - up til now I have just used bluetac to put up displays of childrens work and have a small cork board with parents info on. I was wondering where I could get a large board from - can I ask do you use drawing pins or the pins they recommend as I am worried about them coming out of board and mindees eating them or standing on them?

I use both drawing pins & push pins. I also use my staple gun to stick things on - any excuse to be let loose with a staple gun :laughing:

The board is high enough that mindees can't get to the pins & I've never had any fall out. I do have a smaller notice board at a lower level & attach things to that with velcro. I stick the sharper side of the velcro to the back of laminated pictures, names etc and mindees can move them round on the board as they want :thumbsup:

hectors house
06-03-2013, 02:52 PM
I use both drawing pins & push pins. I also use my staple gun to stick things on - any excuse to be let loose with a staple gun :laughing:

The board is high enough that mindees can't get to the pins & I've never had any fall out. I do have a smaller notice board at a lower level & attach things to that with velcro. I stick the sharper side of the velcro to the back of laminated pictures, names etc and mindees can move them round on the board as they want :thumbsup:

love the sound of a staple gun - bang bang :laughing:

nipper
06-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Very pricey, these are what we had at school

Sundeala Noticeboards and Environmentally Friendly Notice Boards | TeacherBoards (http://www.teacherboards.co.uk/noticeboards/environmentally-friendly-noticeboards?gclid=CMPb8ZOs6LUCFcLHtAodMHIAyg)

Chatterbox Childcare
06-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Try consortium educational supplies. Mine was about £35 I think and it comes in different colours and different wood styles for the outside frame

mrs_scottydog
06-03-2013, 04:07 PM

I think this is mine

I've got these ones too. They've lasted really well. Hx

shortstuff
06-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Ive got a big one that i got on ebay. Maybe try there?

Lucy000
06-03-2013, 10:28 PM
thanks everyone, I've looked at one on amazon its really quite reasonable at 24 pounds :)

greanan
06-03-2013, 10:34 PM
I got mine recently online from wilkinsons really cheaply x

angeldelight
06-03-2013, 11:14 PM
thanks everyone, I've looked at one on amazon its really quite reasonable at 24 pounds :)

Dont forget to show us pics when you have all your display on your new board

Angel xx

Kevin1964
07-03-2013, 10:10 AM
I have a large magnetic white board from Staples. You can buy some sizes on line but their price was cheaper at the time of purchase.
Tunja

Hi Did you manged to find one I have A large white board but at the back is Ideal for A notce board if you world like it Please just say and I see what I can do for you

Jelly Baby
07-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Do you have a cash & carry thats where i got mine from?

Lucy000
07-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Do you have a cash & carry thats where i got mine from?

I have, never thought of looking in there might pop there over weekend, thanks

Lucy000
07-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi Did you manged to find one I have A large white board but at the back is Ideal for A notce board if you world like it Please just say and I see what I can do for you

I haven't got one yet kevin, that would be great thanks but not sure you're in my area?:(

Kevin1964
08-03-2013, 07:56 AM
I haven't got one yet kevin, that would be great thanks but not sure you're in my area?:(

Hi Lucy Please Pm me your address and I see what I can do for you :)