PDA

View Full Version : health inspections (kitchens) rating?

mushpea
06-03-2013, 12:12 PM
so if you've had once since April last year have you been rated ? do you have a green certificate to display and a sticker to put in your window?
I had my inspection a while ago and he rated me with a number I wasnt happy with but said if I did a few home improvments this would change I have done what he asked and he is now rerating me. I have spoke to my local childminders and non of them have been rated this way yet he said the changes to the rating system were brought in in April last year so I am wondering if I am being singled out or if other people have been rated this way

hectors house
06-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Sorry I don't know I haven't ever been inspected - they just did a phone interview - I would love to have a green ratings sign - but not sure I would get a high grade as I have 2 dogs that live in my kitchen - although they don't get fed in there.

thills
06-03-2013, 12:32 PM
I was rated and received a copy of his assessment but told u don't get a sticker or anything as its a domestic setting and therefore not published anywhere

jo.jo76
06-03-2013, 12:33 PM
I was rated and have the sticker, certificate etc and I am listed on food standards website!

Inspector visited my house, check fridge, water temperature

nikki thomson
06-03-2013, 12:33 PM
How bizarre, never been inspected, just filled a Form In and that was years ago. X

supermumy
06-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Same as Nikki

Tinkerbell1979
06-03-2013, 12:54 PM
I just filled a form in back in June when I registered and not heard a thing, didn't even know they came out !!

Tealady
06-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Each Local authority has there own take on the requirements and what is needed. We get one inspection and a grade on a report, no cert or sticker, and that is it. They will not darken our doors again unless we poision anybody or a compaint is made.

jackie 7
06-03-2013, 01:44 PM
when i lived in brent i was inspected and got a sticker, i got 3 stars and they said that was the most any childminder could get. here in herts they just get you to fill out a form.