PDA

View Full Version : september...what to do

leeanne910
06-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Atm.i care for child all yr round they are 4. I care for their sibling in school holidays.

Said child is starting school september and will only need holiday contract. As it is i dont charge retainer in term time. However. I will then need to try find a term time only space.

Tho said child and sibling are a handful. Plus parent never pays on time. Never go home on time.

Wondering whether to say when contract is reviewed june that i no longer will care for over 5 (assistant starting with me soon so i will have 6 under 5's. Two are term time only atm) or to see how it goes and try to find a term time only. I think as i have had a couple enquire about full time spaces for sept.....im warming to having consistancy.

Ideas please...

chezzagriff
06-03-2013, 09:34 AM
If you were to terminate the contract and will still have enough children until September I would do it. If you are getting a few enquiries and one wants to sign definitely as you could be waiting a while to find a term time and also you dont want to messed about by this parent.

cs01
06-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Sounds to me like you would prefer to end this contract and it seems an appropriate time to do this.

If you prefer to stick to under 5's then do that. I find them easier to look after than the older children and school holidays can be harder when you have children of many age groups to entertain.