PDA

View Full Version : government funding 15 Hours

Emilyh
05-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone, I ve been asked by a parent if I can offer her child a government funding (15 hours) in my setting? !. I've not done this before so know very little. ..anyway her child already gets the funding at pre school so my questions are: is she entitled to two lots of funding? ?? And if she is how do I go about getting the funding for her :eek: Thank you

watgem
06-03-2013, 07:54 AM
I think it depends on your local authority but usually you can't automatically offer the funding, in our county you have to apply to become a funded CM and undergo training and visits from the LA and then if you are approved you can offer the funding. some authorities require you to be part of a cm network. If you have a development officer they would be the best person to ask.

chezzagriff
06-03-2013, 08:00 AM
You cant have 2 lots of funding so maybe shes on about taking her LO out of pre-school. You do have to go through your local council like watgem said and have an inspection with them and maybe a course too.

JoRo163
06-03-2013, 08:23 AM
My understanding is that you can use 2 settings to receive the 15 hours. For example, they may use 10 hours at pre-school and 5 with a childminder (or however they decide to use the 15).

Our LA its really easy to become accredited, it only takes 2 weeks but you have to be part of a network.

Good luck!

chezzagriff
06-03-2013, 08:26 AM
I think you can use 2 settings to split it but I meant that you cant get 2 lots totalling in 30 hours

Little Puddings
06-03-2013, 08:28 AM
I am a network childminder and children are entitled to 15hrs a week (standard offer, following the school term) less if stretched offer if offered over more weeks than the normal school terms.
You can ONLY claim one lot of 15hrs though these 15 can be split between providers, ie 10hrs a week at pre-school and the remaining 5hrs with a accredited childminder.
In Lincolnshire you have to be on a network to be able to deliver funded sessions and parents have to sign a declaration form each term and on the form it requires details of all providers. They do cross reference the data in the database we enter number of children.

I can't see it you being allowed 30hrs of funded sessions a week elsewhere but I may be wrong. In Lincolnshire it is definitely only 15hrs a week.

Little Puddings
06-03-2013, 08:29 AM
We are all replying at the same time :)