PDA

View Full Version : Labour response to 'More Great Childcare'

sarah707
05-03-2013, 06:33 PM
I am delighted with this response from the Labour leader about our analysis document of the 'More Great Childcare' plan - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc.

It shows that Labour are listening to us! :clapping:

Can I suggest that we target labour MPs with a letter / email writing campaign guys please! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

sharonmanc
05-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Fantastic Sarah

welshgirl
05-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Well done Sarah, it's fantastic that they are listening, and amazing that you got that reply. I have written to labour MP's but keep getting messages about how I am not living in their area etc. never thought of going to the top though!! My own mp is conservative and I have not had a response from him.

FussyElmo
05-03-2013, 06:59 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Fabulous response :thumbsup:

sarah707
05-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I have just had a request to email this document to someone who can't view it on the forum.

That's fine - I am more than happy to share any campaign materials if they are mine to share - please just email or message me :D

AgentTink
05-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Fantastic response, i will be chasing my Labour MP's this week, and if you don't mind using this letter as part of chasing to show that their leader has the same objections :clapping:

Kerry84
05-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Great response :clapping:

SYLVIA
05-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Great to hear from Labour on the subject. Not getting any response from MP's round here. Feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall

mum24
05-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Really encouraging response, I have emailed/written to lots of mp's but no replies from any (yet anyway), well done Sarah.:clapping:

The Juggler
22-03-2013, 06:39 PM
I am delighted with this response from the Labour leader about our analysis document of the 'More Great Childcare' plan - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc.

It shows that Labour are listening to us! :clapping:

Can I suggest that we target labour MPs with a letter / email writing campaign guys please! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

it's brilliant that they are listening. I just hope there is enough of a majority to vote against the tories as clearly they are not going to put the brakes on. As someone else said, we are digesting all the detail, writing detailed responses and queries to each aspect and they are just not reading what we are writing. The repsonses don't address the concerns at all and surely someone who is intelligent enough to become and MP and the minister for early years should be capable of seeing how her plans actual undermine the key goals of her plans - ignoring her advisors is absurd and a complete waste of public money.

Actually that is a good tactic. I might write and ask her specifically how much she pays Prof Penn and how much she paid Prof Nutbrown and ask her to justify how she manages to ignore their advice after spending such a huge pot of public money.

sarah707
07-06-2013, 11:26 AM
For those who want to lobby Labour to remind them that we don't want agencies, here's the letter I received a while ago in response to sending them our www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc document.

Maybe now is a good time to write, say thank you for their support so far - Sharon Hodgson and Lucy Powell have been very vocal on our behalf ...

... and ask them what they are going to do for us next!?! :cheerleader:

Simona
07-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Labour Lyam Burne has just spoken at the PLA conference and said 'we will consult with providers' for our child care policy...he is in charge of the policy and we can hold him to that
Sharon is very supportive and she is visiting my setting in July not to look at how I care for children but for different discussions
One thing I want to put to her is our huge costs and the little we get from LAs for the FE