PDA

View Full Version : Limit....

lorettacritchet
05-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Someone has asked me to work until 10.30pm on some ocassions and don't get me wrong I am really not considering it but thought it wise to at least have the information for future.

Is there a time that Ofsted would consider classed as "overnight" i.e. 10.30pm to me is bed time....so what I am asking is would Ofsted say er no you arent allowed overnight and this is classed as that. :blush:

Kiddleywinks
05-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that anything up till midnight is not overnight, anything over is, but if I was having a little one after 10pm I'd rather not disturb their sleep so as I'm registered for overnight care anyway, would suggest collecting in the morning anyway.

chriss
05-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Correct me if am wrong, but isnt up to us now if we have a child for overnight care, as long as we risk assess etc etc

rosebud
05-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Correct me if am wrong, but isnt up to us now if we have a child for overnight care, as long as we risk assess etc etc Thats correct, there's no requirement to be registered for overnight care but you should do a separate risk assessment.

shortstuff
06-03-2013, 10:44 AM
You do need to inform ofsted in writing though if you are minding overnight. Hth