PDA

View Full Version : OH MY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mushpea
05-03-2013, 03:50 PM
And I seriously wanted to say somthing else.
I have had a lovely day with a 19 month old and a 4yrold , they were as good as gold and we did some lovley things, they went home at 1.30pm,, then home came the 5yrold and 8yrold and oh my are they both on one!!!!!!!!!!!!! they can not for the life of them behave tonight, the younger one is worse and I have just said to them that I have younger children who can behave than you and they just laugh grrrrrr, I didnt realise 5yrolds new how to be sarcastic either!! I have confiscated so many toys cause they cant play with them nicelythey have barely anything left to play with!
sorry no point to this post other than you could be seeing me with some serious grey hair soon!!
roll on 5pm

smurfette
05-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Only an hour to go, hang in there!! Maybe sit them on the couch until they are bored enough to behave! Hope time passes quickly for you!

AliceK
05-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Only an hour to go, hang in there!! Maybe sit them on the couch until they are bored enough to behave! Hope time passes quickly for you!

Yes I agree. I have done this in the past and it does work. I always find the schoolies harder work than all my EY's children put together.

xxxx

MessybutHappy
05-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Deepest sympathy!!! I've just had to give in and referee!!! I try to stay out, but the noise might have brought the environmental health people in!

mushpea
05-03-2013, 04:48 PM
PHEW!

well mum came 3/4hr early so that was nice but then took 20 mins trying to get them out of the door because the eldest one who had been the better of the two all evening created merry hell and why

because she wanted to treat them to mcdonalds :angry:

and that was after I had told her how they had been and after her telling me the eldest had been awful this morning, I give up

jellybellys
05-03-2013, 04:56 PM
I've had a 3yr old with one on him today. It's becoming regular that he pretends to be asleep in the morning school run (he doesn't want to go nursery but stay with me) I have to take another child to school so either way he's got to get out the car, its at this point all hell breaks loose as he refuses to get out the car and is a dead weight who starts shouting at me (lord knows what joe public think I'm doing to him!)

maryp0ppins
05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Uuhhhggg sometimes they drive us nuts don't they, I have a nearly 3 year old mindee that is REALLY naughty & drives me round the bend & I explain to mum we've had better days & bla bla bla, all parent says is "oh he is a one isn't he" then in the next breath says come on X we're off to the pub tonight & you can have chips & coke!!!! Ggggrrrrrr NO BACK UP whatsoever from them!!!!

Cottonsocks
05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
My afternoon has been a bit mad too. Not really sure why! Had 4 3 year olds & 2 2 yr olds school hours. Dropped 2 of them off at school & collected another 5 schoolies. Had a simple tea to prepare ready for 4pm & by 4:30 I had a pounding head from running around like a headless chicken. I've sent a letter home today saying that from 15th April tea will be at 5pm instead of 4. That'll go down like a lead balloon i'm sure! Then at 4:45 a 2 yr old pooed in his pants so had to clean him up & change his clothes. Last ones just left & I'm straight out with dd (15) for our tap dancing class, whereas all I want to do is sit with a nice glass of red!

mushpea
05-03-2013, 05:47 PM
oh dear folks, well I am glad its not just me, trouble is I find my self trying to help the parent and then advising her what I would do when the older one wont listen as I've been there with my son (both have ADHD) then I find my self appologising for advising and trying to help cause I dont want to stick my nose in.

arrrrgggghhhh,,, that glass of wine beckons but sadly wont happen cause I am off on a course, and would you belive its entitled engaging with resistant parents,,,,,flipping heck, should be resistant children too :laughing:

smurfette
05-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Ha! Enjoy your course xx please come on tomorrow and give us all some tips!!!