PDA

View Full Version : Urgent advice - hitting

SammyL
05-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi,

A little boy that I look after full time has just told my oh that I hit him in the back in the garden. Luckily we have CCTV that can prove if needed that I didn't go in the garden today!

I asked him what I'd done to him today & he repeated what he'd said. He then said that the door & radiator hit him too.

What should I say to mum & dad?
I'm mortified especially as another parent was collecting at the time, she looks at me & said 'I know you would never do that' thankfully!!! x

Koala
05-03-2013, 02:52 PM
OMG

You need to document this and have a word with the parents, you must be so upset.

But If it is taken in context, If the door and radiator hit him as well?? I think it's a tall story by anyone's imagination.

Be straight with parents and with child he cannot say things like this it's hurtful to say the least.

:thumbsup:

sarah707
05-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Yes you need to record it and speak to parents - it's a serious incident and must be treated that way.

I would do some work with him on telling the truth, truth and lies, telling tales etc - see if he can learn quickly that it's not acceptable.

Hugs xx

mama2three
05-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Maybe he means 'bumped in to' as opposed to the smacking kind of hit. either way Id document it and discuss with parents. How old is he?

SammyL
05-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks everyone, he'll be 3 in July.

He's a very angry little boy. He really plays up for Mum & Dad but he knows his boundaries with me. He doesn't think he has to ask for toys , thinks he can snatch.
He tells children 'I'm going to punch you'

I told dad & he was quite nonchalant & just said 'kids say these things' I'm going to document it now tho. I made quick notes earlier, how do you all document? On your incident sheets or do you have a little book/diary for eac child?