PDA

View Full Version : GRRRR 118118!

loocyloo
05-03-2013, 02:21 PM
i am getting very fed up with 118118.

a year ago i had problems with them giving my number to people who called for ofsteds number ... i spoke to them and sorted it out.

in january i started getting phonecalls again - even had people leaving me messages on my ansaphone ( which says ABC&D are not here, please leave a message and is, to my mind, obviously a home ansaphone and doesn't mention the word ofsted! ) i emailed 118118 several times, and got a really helpful chap, who became as frustrated as i did with it all, as they seemed to be incapable of stopping these calls ...

short of removing my name from their list.

anyway ... we sorted it out ...

just had a lovely chat with a lady .... who thought she was phoning ofsted!

so have emailed 118118 again!

does anyone else get these phone calls or am i just really lucky? :rolleyes:

i have to say, i've had some nice chats with people phoning ofsted! one lady even rang me back to update me !!! but i've also had some very upset/angry people.

sarah707
05-03-2013, 06:11 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous! :rolleyes: I hope you have sent Ofsted a bill :laughing:

xx

mama2three
05-03-2013, 06:25 PM
When I lived near Darlington I had a very similar number to the local nursing home.
Now sorry for being ageist but for goodness sake ..why would you make phonecalls if you cant hear! --No Im sorry this isnt the nursing home. Oh good can I speak to Ethel please. No because you have the wrong number. Oh dear when will she be able to come to the phone? AAARGH!!!

AgentTink
05-03-2013, 08:18 PM
There is nothing worse than your phone ringing with wrong numbers, I am in the middle of a issue with my phone line as for some reason when local people ring marks and spencers money they sometimes get my phone line even though the number is 08 something. I have now taken to having my home phone on silence with just the answer phone on as I got fed up of being disturbed

smurfette
06-03-2013, 09:19 AM
My parents phone number used to be similar to the Chinese takeaway so they got calls late into the night.!! Feel for you ,
Hope it's sorted soon

rickysmiths
06-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Oh could be interesting!!

No it must be irritating. I get calls for a local restaurant sometimes. One day I will take the bookings and let the restaurant sort that one out, especially as I have called them and told them they have the wrong number in their advertizing and they have done nothing about it!! Could make an interesting Sat evening for them! Might spur them onto getting their number right in future. :laughing:

loocyloo
06-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Apparently it's the customers fault! They look at 118.com & ring any number with ofsted in !!?

Only way to fix is apparently to remove ofsted from my ' name ' ! Surely though if you search for ofsted & ofsted comes up you would ring that number, not ofsted registered childminder! & actually yesterdays call was put through to me by 118!

I can't use pc at mo to check website but will look later to see why it's me they call!