PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance qoute?

gingerjames1
05-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Can anyone recommend any companys for car insurance? Have just rang morton michel to see what they could currently offer and the quote went up by nearly £600!!!! Am currently insured with motor home direct? Anybody else use them? They have always been very good but have always claimed that if you have more than 5 seats you can get a quote for being a minibus? Is this correct???? Also request u pay 25% upfront and the rest over 9 months? Is this correct? Many thanks if anyone can help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

QualityCare
05-03-2013, 01:57 PM
I am with aviva through bluefin have a 7 seater and pay just over £400, when l rang aviva direct l got a quote that was a lot higher and when l did it on line with them l got a different quote. Have just had my renewal notice and it has increased by £10 will ring a few for quotes but don't expect to get it for less if last year is anything to go by. I thought anything above 7 as these are very common or maybe 8 seats was classed as a mini bus.

Tazmin68
05-03-2013, 01:58 PM
I used to use home minder / bluefin which was advertised in who minds. For the last 3 years I have been with aviva who were the underwriters of bluefin.

pipandbaz
05-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Try swiftcover

Jenna
05-03-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm with the AA we have a 7 seater and I think mines around £350 a year I pay £35 something a month over 10 months

rickysmiths
05-03-2013, 02:24 PM
I am with Tesco, due to renew next month so I guess I will be on go compare again :laughing:

Not impresses with Morton Michel though. I rang them 24 hours ago for a Home and Buildings Quote, they took all the details and said they would email me, i thought that was odd all the other companies give you a quote on the phone, anyhow 24 hours on and no email, not holding my breath :rolleyes:

Wouldn't touch Blu Fin but I had a very bad experience with them and car insurance.

gingerjames1
05-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I know im a bloke and under 30!!! But am getting quotes over £1600!!! Am normally just over £1000. Madness!!! Will have to try others n see what i get.

Little Puddings
05-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Our Ford Galaxy is insured by Esure, dtates on our policy I use it occasionally for business and my occupation is listed as childminder. Think it was £4?? something for the year. They were brilliant when some drove into the back of my 5 odd years ago.
For home insurance we are with Aviva/Bluefin and they were good when I had to make 2 claims.

Pixie dust
05-03-2013, 04:51 PM
we are with Churchill and have a 7 seater. We have just had the renewal through and hasn't changed much so will stick with them for now.

supermumy
05-03-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm with Morton michal for my 7seater been with tem for years cheapest I can get at £590

sarah707
05-03-2013, 05:40 PM
I've not tried them yet but you could give this company a go - Childcare Insurance (http://www.childcareinsurance.co.uk/) :D

Kiddleywinks
05-03-2013, 05:44 PM
I did an online comparison, picked the bottom 3 quotes and rang MM back and they price matched. Their initial renewal price was just ridiculous!

I know that the insurance has risen twice in the last 12 months, and that female drivers have also been brought up in line with male drivers, which has again created an increase but do shop around :thumbsup:

coffee-time
05-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I saved about £200 this year on my car insurance, I did a comparison on compare the market and also on go compare, I always do this and usually find something cheaper than my renewal!

gingerjames1
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi sarah thanks for the link, did try them but unfortunately the quote came in nearly double £1600 morten michel offered me!!! Am starting to think im in the wrong profession!!!!!

sarah707
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi sarah thanks for the link, did try them but unfortunately the quote came in nearly double £1600 morten michel offered me!!! Am starting to think im in the wrong profession!!!!!

Crikey! :eek: I know prices vary hugely though.

I was with Morton Michel up to this year when my renewal price shot up and they couldn't match the best quote I got - but every other year for ages I've been with them... and they'll probably be cheaper again next year :rolleyes:

It's always worth shopping around! :D

supermumy
06-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Mine has also gone up by £100 with morton Michel but they still cheapest I can get
But they are rubbish at dealing with claims someone hit me in January I've been past here and there and it still not sorted!

QualityCare
06-03-2013, 06:22 PM
I phoned 10 insurance companies and got quotes ranging from £750 to £450 with sainsburys being the cheapest but not as cheap as Bluefins renewal quote, that was for a 7 seater, breakdown cover and like for like courtesy car with one other named driver.

shortstuff
07-03-2013, 06:39 AM
I go on all comparison sites and see what i can do. Its been a habit for years now. There have been two mentioned already n the other one i look at is money supermarket. Hth