PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg visit next week

Little miss
05-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Any advice is very welcome!

I've heard of people cleaning the inside of their ovens..... Really?!!!

chockywockydoda
05-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Haha! I didnt clean the inside of my oven, but I did make sure their were no wires trailing on the floor anywhere, removed all small items from child hight and got rid of anything that might not be suitable for children!

sarah707
05-03-2013, 06:56 PM
You'd best pull out your fridge as well and give the floor underneath a scrub :laughing::laughing:

Nah! Just work through the pre-reg booklet / questionnaire from Ofsted and make sure you know what you are talking about!

Good luck :D

MessybutHappy
05-03-2013, 07:15 PM
What sarah said, plus being aware of what you want to do next...the whole continuing proffesional development thing!

Little miss
05-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Well I did clean inside my fridge today - though it was more in preparation for my shopping delivery!

I think I've got everything in place and have been through the preparation booklet.

Do I need to have an example of my two year check in place? I'm struggling with this as not sure exactly how much detail is needed.

Little miss
05-03-2013, 10:28 PM
I have a massive wish list and a to do list. Previously being a teacher makes me very used to SEF's, CPD and Improvement Plans! Still nerve racking though!

lisbet
05-03-2013, 11:14 PM
My inspectors eyes lit up whenever I mentioned magic words like "starting points" :rolleyes:

Re the 2yr check: just say you are going to ask your development officer for advice on formats - that way you can tick the "partnership working" box too! :laughing:

Good luck!

Little miss
05-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Do you get assigned your DO after registration?

lisbet
06-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Do you get assigned your DO after registration?

I think different areas do it differently. Here they call them support workers and there is one who is responsible for helping you get ready for pre-reg, and then one who comes after reg to tell you about network/ childminder groups/ training and helps with your paperwork/ preparation for 1st grading inspection.