PDA

View Full Version : I'm no good at waiting!

emma04
03-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi all

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!:happy banana:

I had my pre-registration visit on Thursday 20th December, it went very well and the lady who came was really nice, despite the fact that my daughter insisted on showing her the contents of her toy box whilst we were trying to talk!! Still i'm assuming she is used to that. ;)

Anyway, she told me that it would be a couple of weeks due to Christmas before i heard, A. whether i had done ok and B. when i would become registered...........It's two weeks today and i have a card that the postman left telling me i need to go to the sorting office to collect a letter that required a signature.......could this be a letter from OFSTED do you think?
( i know its a long shot, but humour me!!!) :panic:

I am just desparate for that certificate so that i can move to the next stage of joining NCMA and getting all of my insurances etc in to place. Everything else is done, policies, prospectus, parent pack, healthy eating booklet etc. and my advertising campaign is ready to go (posters and fliers.... no tv adverts!! well not yet ....just kidding!!) I have distributed posters and leaflets to friends and family to dish out and put up anywhere they can and where they think is suitable, all they are waiting for is my phonecall or text to say GO AHEAD!! I'm lucky to have such a team!!:clapping: :magnificent:

I also need to hand my notice in at work, which i am dreading, although my first mindee is not due to start until 25th Feb, so got a few weeks yet (need to give notice no later than 25th Jan):(

Sorry that is rather alot of rambling panic, but now i've typed it i feel considerably better!! I think a cuppa is now in order...... although i still have an unfinished bottle of rose in the fridge.....sounds much more tempting, trouble is so does my daughters half open selection boxes!!! (better stay upstairs and avoid the temptation!!):joker:

Polly2
03-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh wow Emma you sound soooo excited!

I can't remember whether I had to sign for my certificate or not sorry but i reckon it might be it!!!

I really hope it is :D

You sound so well sorted, I wish I was half as organised :clapping:

carolinel
03-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi

Have you had your CRB done yet? dont wish to dampen your spirits but they won't send your certificate until that's all complete. Mine took 4 months.

Let us know if it's something from ofsted - perhaps they have a new system.

emma04
03-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes wait for it...........................It took 2 weeks!!!!!!:happy banana:

Partly i think, because i have one already and it just needed altering to include children as the one i have is for vulnerable adults (i work for a care home for adults with learning disabilities)

emma04
03-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Sorry in reply to Holly...... Yes i am SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!:excited:

carolinel
03-01-2008, 08:18 PM
wow! you shouldn't have to wait long now then - did you go to the post office?

emma04
03-01-2008, 08:27 PM
No..... Place shuts at 1.30pm and i didn't get home until 3.30pm so will have to go in the morning..... tummy is leaping about so off to get the wine after all...... will try to avoid the selection boxes!!!!:laughing:

fionamal
03-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Good luck for the morning then. Let us know if it is your certificate.

Mine came recorded delivery but it may be different up here in Scotland.

emler
03-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I think you're going to be completely hyper by morning lol.
Let us know how you get on tomorrow

Emler x

berkschick
03-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I think it could be it!

The day OFSTED had my CRB check back they issued my certificate. It was sent recorded delivery.

I bet you are first in line collecting it tomorrow!

Love

Debbie

emma04
03-01-2008, 08:47 PM
First in line!!! I feel like camping outside!!!!!! :laughing:

angeldelight
03-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi Emma

You do sound really excited

When my daughter registered she did have to sign for the certificate so hopefully that is what it will be

Let us all know when you collect it

Angel xx

emma04
03-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Will let you all know tomorrow as soon as i get to work!! Bet its something completely different, like a late christmas card with not enough postage!!!!!:laughing:

sarah707
03-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I got one of those! A Christmas card and they wanted to charge me £1.07 for excess size!!!! I ripped it up and asked them to put it in their bin...!

Anyhow, Emma, hope your experience of the PO is better than mine was...:laughing:

manjay
03-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I had to sign for my certificate!

amanda xx

Lou
03-01-2008, 10:00 PM
you have to sign for anything from ofsted, they allways said it recorded.

good sign!

mrsbumbles
03-01-2008, 10:49 PM
My friend had her inspection just before xmas, and her certificate came this week by recorded delivery!!! I bet thats what it is. Good luck with the minding.

Banana
04-01-2008, 09:30 AM
yep, mine came recorded too and I had to collect it at the post office

Hope it is your certificate!

xx

Mollymop
04-01-2008, 09:53 AM
How did it go Emma? Was it your certificate or a late christmas card..haha!
We are all dying to know!

emma04
04-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Sorry had a nightmare morning!!!!! Was in such as rush to get to the post office that i forgot my office keys and got all the way to work and had to go home again!!!!!!!!

BUT IT WAS MY CERTIFICATE HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy banana: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

So worth all of the hassle!!!!!!

emma04
04-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Oh and thanks to all for listening to my excited rambling panic last night!!!!!:)

Mollymop
04-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Well done -EXCELLENT NEWS!:jump for joy: :clapping:

nat1664
04-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Well done :clapping:

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
excellent news ... now you can get your notice handed in and send off for your ncma stuff xxxx

congratulations

xxx

emler
04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Brilliant news!!! Now the fun starts.

Emler x

deeb66
09-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Brilliant news - congratulations