PDA

View Full Version : Quitting...............

Cpgp
05-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Is there a sub forum or a thread for those thinking about quitting?
I'm quitting just before the summer holidays, already gave notice to all parents.....
Anyone doing the same?

carolyn01
05-03-2013, 12:03 PM
today i feel like quitting but dont know what else to do as i have a dog at home and can't work full time because of her! If I give notice to someone today, can I still insist they stay 4 weeks and i can work notice? What if they find someone else earlier - can i make them still do notice?

sarah707
05-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear you are leaving childminding.

Do you have an exciting new adventure planned? xx

Cpgp
06-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi
My home just isn't big enough. Sadly my plans to move to a bigger, better place with a garden and playroom are unrealistic. At the moment I'm using my daughter's room what makes her unhappy and my sitting room what makes my husband unhappy as we can lay out the furniture the ideal way because we need to free up space and worry about safety.
I love chilminding but it's difficult when space is tight.
I will still be in the childcare business hopefully

Chimps Childminding
06-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Oh thats a shame especially when you really want to carry on :(

Having said that, my house isn't small but childminding certainly takes over!! Apart from the bedrooms, I don't think there is a room in here that hasn't got childminding stuff in it (Lounge, dining room, kitchen, utility, downstairs loo, cupboard understairs - full). Not to mention 1 large shed and 2 wendy houses in the garden :eek: I'm sure in the pre-Ofsted days we never needed so much paraphernalia :panic:

hello kitty
06-03-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm retiring from childminding at the grand old age of 45 to be a lady of leisure! :)

I am very disillusioned with childminding at the moment and after careful consideration have decided it would benefit my family much more if I were not working and our home is once again turned into our home and not a busy thoroughfare for 55 hours of the week!

Good luck to all you fabulous ladies you have made work bearable for me over the last few years. x

phoenix2010
06-03-2013, 06:04 PM
What a shame

my house is tiny too , and i sometimes wish I had a playroom or conservatory , but then I think it would just be another room to tidy

It is possible , I dont have under ones , so minimal baby paraphernalia and I dont have a partner , I find they take up alot of room lol

Ive also cut all my toys and resources down massively to give me more space

but it sounds like you have made up your mind and the way things are going im sure many more of us will be joining you soon

Good luck for the future :thumbsup:

Cpgp
07-03-2013, 02:05 PM
What a shame

my house is tiny too , and i sometimes wish I had a playroom or conservatory , but then I think it would just be another room to tidy

It is possible , I dont have under ones , so minimal baby paraphernalia and I dont have a partner , I find they take up alot of room lol

Ive also cut all my toys and resources down massively to give me more space

but it sounds like you have made up your mind and the way things are going im sure many more of us will be joining you soon

Good luck for the future :thumbsup:

Yes I think if I didn't have a partner it would be easier
But mine is fed up of leaving in a nursery, as he put it

phoenix2010
07-03-2013, 02:08 PM
hmmm thats gotta be hard then when its making someone else unhappy

I have mine set up so that at the end of the day everything goes away out of sight , is that not a possibility , less stuff and more hiding places

I used to live with a partner and he liked to have the children gone by 530 pm when he got home , which suited me too with a teenager and a new baby

but now im on my own with my son , i love the fact children are coming and going at all hours and my son loves having them around , plus it pays really well working out of hours

cant you get rid of the partner and keep childminding , just kidding !:D

VeggieSausage
07-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Yes I think if I didn't have a partner it would be easier
But mine is fed up of leaving in a nursery, as he put it

That's a thought, get rid of the partner???? lol (just joking).....:idea:

jillplum
07-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I do think its easier on your own. Another cm friend has problems with her OH not liking the kids being around and the house full of toys etc.

Rick
07-03-2013, 03:06 PM
I believe you can keep your registration open in case you change your mind or move somewhere larger

Chimps Childminding
07-03-2013, 04:44 PM
I do think its easier on your own. Another cm friend has problems with her OH not liking the kids being around and the house full of toys etc.

I agree! Mine moans about the amount of "stuff" I have and would love the children not to arrive before he leaves for work and be gone before he comes home, not practical when he does earlies one week and lates the next, and how dare I need the car for the school run :rolleyes: doesn't seem to have a problem spending the money I earn though :angry: