PDA

View Full Version : Good morning all.....

Kerry84
05-03-2013, 10:33 AM
I have not started my Childminding matters course yet, I have my intro session next week but was wondering when it does start is the 12 hour paediatric first aid course and safeguarding course all part of it? or do I need to book those seperatly? Just wondering how everyone elses worked, getting nervous now but excited to get started lol :laughing:

Buckoblue
05-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I have not started my Childminding matters course yet, I have my intro session next week but was wondering when it does start is the 12 hour paediatric first aid course and safeguarding course all part of it? or do I need to book those seperatly? Just wondering how everyone elses worked, getting nervous now but excited to get started lol :laughing:

Hi Kerry. I think it depends on your local authority as everyone seems to do it differently. I had a briefing session, then I went on the course. The cost of the course included the First Aid and Child Protection was included in the course. I would check with your LA though. I have my pre reg visit coming up on Monday!!

Lisa x

Kerry84
06-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank you Buckoblue, good luck with your pre-reg :)

benandjerrys
06-03-2013, 01:48 PM
I paid for the cypop course and included was the first aid and food safety course. The safeguarding course has to be paid for seperatly but maybe this is just because of where I live.

Rachael's stars
06-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I paid £150 for cypop course then, firstaid £52 and my child protection for free and food safety £13 separately

CLL
06-03-2013, 07:33 PM
We still get it all for free here. Even courses such as equality and diversity, listening to babies, we also get the ncma start up pack. I have been very lucky.

sali
07-03-2013, 10:15 AM
when i joined i got the first aid and safeguarding course included in the package. Hope it all goes well for u!

Kerry84
07-03-2013, 10:18 AM
when i joined i got the first aid and safeguarding course included in the package. Hope it all goes well for u!

Thank you sali, how far have you got with yours? xx