PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training

SammyL
05-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Hi all, just a quick one.

I've got a little boy who is 3 in July. He's weeing in the potty now - he's never old me he needs it but he's had no accidents apart from 1 when trying to hold a poo in. Mum & Dad say he's asking for wee's at home.

The problem is pooing - he's done 1 & a half poos on the potty in nearly a month. I'm having to clean him up nearly every day after pooing himself. His mum said he's gone from always having 1 poo a day to sometimes nine to sometimes 3.

Both his mum & I have said we don't think he's ready but it's Dad that's adamant NO MORE NAPPIES.

Any tips anyone? I'm at the point of asking them to put him in a nappy until he's done a poo. I've tried everything, positioning him differently, letting him decorate the potty, I'm on 3 types of potties & he point blank refuses to go on the toilet!!

Help!!!

Koala
05-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Have a word with dad - Tell him to put a nappy on and poo in it - I bet he can't and see how constipated, frustrated and upset he gets.

This is an analogy for how difficult it is for some children to poo without a nappy - It's shock and sometimes takes a very long time to achieve.

It sounds like you have been very patient :littleangel: and tried everything, I would give him back his nappies if it is affecting his bowel movement to a degree that it may have an adverse health and psychological effect.

Having to clean up continuous 'accidents' has a demoralizing effect on EVERYONE, I feel for you.

Giving back nappies doesn't mean he goes 'backwards' but that is probably how dad sees it. I think you may have to stand tall, decide what you want to do and if you feel he should be in nappies, be prepared to say that's what you are going to do and do it.

"Feel the fear and do it anyway" :thumbsup:

Good luck