PDA

View Full Version : Do i need to tell ofsted?

Becci26
05-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Hiya,

As you may or may not remember from me posting a few weeks back I am suffering terribly with spd during my pregnancy (currently 18 weeks) and have made the decision to stop caring for the under 5's until I return from maternity leave.

I am still working atm but the children are all starting to leave - last child (should be) leaving by Easter.

I am carrying on with the after schoolies and will be keeping my registration open as I plan to return to minding in January.

Just wondering though if I need to let ofsted though that I am not minding under 5's - my decision, I have not been signed off by gp (although I think that is def what would have happened had I not made the decision)

Thanks all xx

Kiddleywinks
05-03-2013, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't have thought so.

If you're due an inspection, you can just say either you're on maternity or you have no under 5's currently on role.

Rubybubbles
05-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Not if your going back to them once baby is born x look after yourself x

Becci26
05-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Ok thankyou!

That's what I thought, but just wanted to double check - I got a bit of a ticking off at my inspection last year for not telling them when I went into hospital for a routine op.

sarah707
05-03-2013, 07:43 AM
The EYFS requires us to tell Ofsted about -

Any significant event which is likely to affect the suitability of the early years provider or any person who cares for, or is in regular contact with, children on the premises to look after children.

Requirement 3.76.

It depends on whether you think stopping working with the under 5s is 'significant'.

I would say yes ring them xx

blue bear
05-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Personally I wouldn't, a childminder I knew did and they immediacy took her off the early years register and sent her a bill for the other register (much more expensive) and was told she would have to re register when she wanted to take under fives on again.
I agre with what Sarah is saying but I'd keep my head down if it was me and just go onto maternity hoping they didn't contact me before Easter.

MessybutHappy
05-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Are all your children leaving because they need more of your time than you can manage to give them? If so, then surely you are simply letting the current batch go because caring for them is too much, but if you had an enquiry for a, say, four year old for one morning a week, then you could manage this?

Then you aren't "stopping", just tweaking!

But I do agree that it's a significant event and you probalbly would be safer to ring! Good luck and do let us know what happens!

Chimps Childminding
06-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I range to inform them I was having to give up while undergoing treatment for breast cancer. I was advised that I had to keep my Public Liability, Ofsted Registration Fee and First Aid up to date whilst I was off, and that they would just make a note that I had no children on role, until I let them know otherwise. I am however due an inspection hence me reason for contacting them!!