PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought things were getting better bang!

Carol
04-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Some of you will remember my last post about the brother of a child I mind who died. It was difficult keeping it together at the funeral but we came through it.

Now a letter in the post jury service summons!!!!
Been reading other posts were I can ask to be excused, i hope I can be the family (who lost their son) needs me so do the other 8 sets of parents I have with their children.
Wish me luck

Carol

RuthJ
04-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Oh, I do hope they excuse you. Hope you're all doing OK.

:group hug:

barbarella68
04-03-2013, 10:09 PM
I had this a few weeks ago just fill in form explaining that you will let your parents down,they can't get cover etc and you will be excused.

hectors house
04-03-2013, 10:10 PM
My daughter's childminder was excused from jury service but it was about 25 years ago - I don't know if she was excused as she was a childminder or if it was because she didn't drive. Hope you are excused as these court cases can go on for weeks - how can parents find alternative care when they don't know how long they need it for?

Carol
04-03-2013, 10:18 PM
We are all doing ok after the sad loss. We have talked and talked and it has helped the children.
I did jury service 11 years ago and financially it was ok but now they only pay £65 per day and that's if you are there a whole day!
Will get the parents to write letters if I have to appeal. Really don't want to go through this as well.

All I need now is ofsted to ring to come and do my overdue inspection then it will be a hat trick

Carol

MessybutHappy
04-03-2013, 10:29 PM
I hope you get this resolved quickly, from others posts it does sound quite hopeful.

sarah707
04-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Oh hunny big hugs. If you want anyone to proof your letter or help with anything you know where I am xx

TAZ
04-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Don't really know what to say....
Just re-read your other post & feel all emotional now, coping with the loss of a baby that you know well is really hard. To have to then deal with something else emotionally draining so soon afterwards is really difficult.
Well done for being such a great support to this family
:group hug::group hug:

wendy latimer
04-03-2013, 11:58 PM
I also had a letter for jury service,i wrote one back explaining that parents would have to find cover or take holidays,and if i am not available to work then i don't get paid.They sent a letter back to say i didn,t have to attend due to loss of earnings,even though they would pay my expences this would affect my buisness.good luck::)

Carol
05-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Oh hunny big hugs. If you want anyone to proof your letter or help with anything you know where I am xx

Thanks Sarah I will xxx
Pm you later

hectors house
05-03-2013, 09:03 AM
All I need now is ofsted to ring to come and do my overdue inspection then it will be a hat trick
Carol

Haven't had an inspection for 3 years, 11 months & 1 week - I have solved the problem of worrying about when they are going to come and visit by deciding not to answer the phone if I don't recognise the number - Ofsted can leave an answer machine message like everyone else trying to sell me something I don't want!

Hope you can be excused jury service - your families need you more right now.