PDA

View Full Version : take two

kims kingdom
04-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Got a parent round tomorrow for her 14mo old boy term time only but will want a cm in sept not sure how I go about this one if going to use me in june I think till july then not until sept and the days are not the same each week until sept when she will be part time find out more tomorrow plus my two won't be here neither will the lo so can chat proberly, I really do want another mindee even if not all the time which suits me as still got to spend time with my two as otherwise they get jel also my mum at mo said today bout 6weeks hol and that she might not beable to afford both children comin I don't want to lose them so did mention that I would perhaps sit down and work out if I could help but not sure how as I don't want to be to much out of pocket, but on the other hand I do know what its like payin a cm when u don't earn alot.any advice forum??:)

MessybutHappy
04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
I asked a similar question a while back - try searching for term time only or tto - you should find lots of advice.

I've gone with the "slightly higher" during the term to ofset the loss of earnings in the holidays option. I've also averaged the bills out across the year so I still get paid in August even though the parents won't be using the service - this is what they wanted.

If you do want to discount for second sibling - I would suggest doing it with a minimum hourly attendance - e.g. 5% off if both children are with you more than 20 hours per week.

Good luck!

sarah707
04-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I'd keep advertising tbh - it doesn't sound like this parent knows what they want and you need a regular income :D

kims kingdom
04-03-2013, 07:58 PM
I asked a similar question a while back - try searching for term time only or tto - you should find lots of advice.

I've gone with the "slightly higher" during the term to ofset the loss of earnings in the holidays option. I've also averaged the bills out across the year so I still get paid in August even though the parents won't be using the service - this is what they wanted.

If you do want to discount for second sibling - I would suggest doing it with a minimum hourly attendance - e.g. 5% off if both children are with you more than 20 hours per week.

Good luck!

Thanks for that I will only have the two children 5 hrs a week ill try to make it easy for mum I don't want to go down the road of falling out altho contract has been signed for hrs prices etc...
Yeah think I might do that up the price .
Thanks for advice

kims kingdom
04-03-2013, 08:02 PM
I'd keep advertising tbh - it doesn't sound like this parent knows what they want and you need a regular income :D

Thanks sarah ill find out more tomorrow I just lost two children last week that came round no thanks to my son.
Ive paid for the childcare. Co.uk website and text a couple off parents on there but didnt get any replys altho my mum tomorrow is from that so fingers crossed I do ob want it to pay but got to think of my two tho

mushpea
04-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I have tto and they pay the same rate as everyone else and dont pay or come in the holidays, I take them on knowing I wont have that income during the hols so I allow for that.
could you prehaps tell tto parent that you would need to charge a minimum amount of hours each week to hold the space?
as for the other parent I wouldnt offer a discounted rate but prehaps offer to have them on less days in the school holidays if she can find alternate care on the other days as a comprimise, that way you still earn for the days you work but work less so have more time with you two.