PDA

View Full Version : Moving home, what happens?

littleDs31
04-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi all,

I unexpectedly have to move house after recently setting my business up.
I know I have to inform ofsted but does that mean they will come out and inspect my new home? And will this affect my grading as I only had my inspection January? Also would you continue to advertise or would being in the process of moving put people off? Sorry,
Lots of questions!!! :(

SJ35
04-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Have you had your first grading inspection? Or was it your pre reg?
I had my graded inspection last August then moved house two weeks later.

They are coming this week to do another inspection due to the house move. They said they aimed to come out a lot sooner but they are running behind.
So I have another inspection just 6 months after the first. So they will probably come out again.

I continued to advertise as I've only moved half a mile away. The boxes etc didn't put people off and I only had a few days off as we moved over a weekend and I just risk assessed and blocked some rooms off until I'd unpacked properly.

X

littlemiss60561
04-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi,
I had my pre reg and graded inspection in the same house and then moved 6 months after when my baby was born. I've actually moved again since then, and neither this or my last house were re inspected. I've probably just jinxed that havnt I..... :0)
All ofsted wanted to know was the amount of rooms I would be using, if the space was smaller and had I done a risk assessment of the new house.
Also I moved on the Monday and re opened on the Tuesday.... Stupid for my sanity lol but the boxes didn't bother parents. The children "helped" to pack that end and un pack this end and seemed to enjoy doing so.
I also took on a new baby while my old house was all packed up! I went grey, but all was fine!
Good luck!

littleDs31
04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
It was my first grading inspection was hopin I wouldn't have to go through another one so soon or is it just a visit to inspect the premises?
Sounds like a move didn't really affect your business so that's good news. :)

AliceK
04-03-2013, 10:29 AM
I moved 2 and half years ago and they didn't come out they just asked me to send them floor plans of my new house along with RA's. I think nowadays they just tell you to RA and keep the documents yourself, they no longer need floor plans etc. I moved just down the road from where I used to be so luckily didn't lose any parents I just took a week off to move and get straight.

xxx

mummyMia
04-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Last year we sold our house and moved in a temporary rental for two months, then moved again once the purchase of our new house had all gone through. Both times I called up Ofsted to give them my new address they just sent out a new certificate in the post and didn't come to inspect. They didn't even ask me to send them a risk assessment or any other paperwork. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I had my first graded inspection less than a year before we moved. :)