PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler grand voyager

muffins
04-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Chrysler grand voyager

Has anyone got one?
What do you think of it?
Can you fit 3 child seats across the back 3rd row seats? If so what ones?

tia xx

amanda1309
04-03-2013, 08:54 AM
My childminder friend has one and loves it.

Don't know if she can get 3 seats across the back as she usually has 2 and her son sits in the middle and he doesn't need a seat.

You can get loads in the boot even when all seats are in and the sliding doors make access much easier.

vikkit
04-03-2013, 10:02 AM
I used to work in car repairs before becoming a childminder and I would say defo don't buy one as if you have an accident they are a night are to get parts for.
I've had one sat in our carpark for over a year waiting for back ordered parts!!
Defo no no from me!!

I would go for a S max, Zafira or Citroen c4 Picasso

mama2three
04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
we bought a 7 seater a couple of weeks ago , and I think I checked out every model available!!

The worst thing for me about the chrysler was the running costs. MPG is very low , about 22 (urban) on the one we were looking at , and tax is high.
It made no sense to me - if I need a 7 seater to accomodate mindees then the extra work Im putting in caring for them is only paying for the extra car costs. pointless!

So we went for a grand scenic in the end. Ok it doesnt feel as 'luxurious' , and i would have like slidy doors too - but financially and practically it made sense. Can still get my buggy in the boot with all 7 seats in use was the nicest, nice to drive , economical. If economy hadnt been a factor I would have gone for the kia sedona.

Koala
04-03-2013, 10:19 AM
I used to have one years ago,
I loved it, big and beautiful, luxurious and loads of space, I used it for my family so didn't fit seats in the back.

I would have another if i could afford it, it drank fuel like a fish and check out the insurance costs, I think that was another reason we had to look at a different vehicle.

Good luck

skatie
04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I own a Chrysler grand voyager that I use for childminding a although I love it in terms of luxury, sliding doors, space etc is fab, I bought it because it was the only 7 seater I really wanted. its also brilliant to be able to get in to the back seats With ease. i dont think you could get 3 kiddie seats int back tho. Major downsides is that it is VERY expensive to run, low mpg on town driving, high road tax, insurance not too bad. Major, Major downsides.... Mechanically they are a nightmare, I've had mine 6 months and already had to replace the battery ( just google Chrysler battery fault and you'll see its a big problem), anti roll lock bars, auxiliary drive belt, alternator etc :-(. It has weird electrical faults ie doors opening randomly. Battery went dead on the school run leaving me 10 mins to run 1 mile pushing the buggy to fetch my son from school - not happy!!! The car has now spent the last two weeks at the garage being fixed and the manager of the garage suggested very politely that I sell it ASAP! I like the interior layout so looking at the Kia Sedona but will make sure I do my homework on reliability first. Hope that helps and hope I've not burst your bubble.

mrs robbie williams
04-03-2013, 12:11 PM
I had one before I became a cm and LOVED it, in fact I cried when I sold it lol, just couldn't afford to run it :( now have a zaffy and its nowhere near big enough

Toothfairy
04-03-2013, 12:16 PM
I've got one, this is our 4th year with it.
GOOD POINTS-lots of space, seats can fold down into the floor, huge boot, sliding doors, space down the middle so easy for kiddies to get to the back seat, easy to drive and park, I can get one car seat and two boosters on the back seat (only bubblebum boosters not normal boosters as these are smaller).
BAD POINTS-drinks petrol, very expensive to run and insure, hard to get parts for (had to wait 4 months for glass when my window broke).

I've also had a Kia Sedona too which is a good 7 seater.

muffins
04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Think I'll stay clear of that one then & go back to my 1st thought of a sedona, I just liked the internal layout of the voyager but theres space to access rear 2 seats from the boot in the sedona!

Thanks everyone:thumbsup:

pipandbaz
04-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Ssangyong rexton for me! 7 seats great on diesel drives like a car tows like a landrover (perfect as I have horse box) group 12 insurance only downside road tax a whopping 450 year. But I love it had it for 5 years no problem, running gear is Mercedes without the badge or repair costs!

nikkiv
04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
I have a Kia Sedona the boot is pants only get umbrella fold buggys in there is some space behind front seats if you've got littles in the two seats great space in the middle so kids can access the back seats! It has a DVD player in and headless ear phones but we've used it once an that's it! Seats very comfy u can get two seats in the back and a small booster in the middle! The boot is a massive negative to it but a good all rounder really!

nikkiv
04-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Oh and the sliding doors love them, but we are foible to sell it soon as I'm after a Honda stream rather than my happy bus as my son calls it ;)

lauraring1
04-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi,

I have had a Zafira and sold it as it was far too small to fit all my minded kids, own kids and double buggy in at one time. I brought a Chrysler Grand Voyager and never looked back... In my opinion, it's not that expensive to run, prob put about £35/£40 a week in diesel a week and I do a fair few miles each week (not too sure about miles per gallon) can comfortably fit everyone in and have my phil & Teds double and my Maclaren single in the boot at anyone time, can also fit my out and about double and maclaren single together in the boot too at one time! (Boot is massive) with still space to spare, power slidy doors are a godsend, I haven't had any of the problems that have been mentioned before, I have had it over a year (it's on a 57 reg if that makes any difference) car tax was also not much more than my Zafira £250....I no a friend of mine who had a Sedona and sold it due to £450 car tax a year! Go and test drive a few different to see which works for you the best x