PDA

View Full Version : computer games suggestions please for 3yrold

mushpea
03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
I got a very cheap computer of ebay, it works, it will connect to the internet but is very slow so not sure if games etc on cbbebies would work so wonded if anyone has any kids cd rom games for ages around 3yrs and upwards that their children can enjoy and which ones you would suggest.

years ago mine used a computer then we got rid of it and non of them missed it so we havent really used a computer since but this one was such a good price at £15 and as my laptops screen is dodgy I coudlnt resist buying it for work then I thought the childrne could use it too.

I am assuming we are still allowed to let children use 'real' computers! , I prefer them to play and be outside but the 2yrold well, nearly 3yrold, just dosent get how to play with toys and indoors will just sit and look at books all day or hold a toy in his hand but do nothing with it or outside will just roll balls down the guttering, he plays when the older kids come home from school but thats only because they are including him in their game and telling him what to do in their pretend play so I am wondering if a bit of computer time would hold his interest and if it does then we can develop the imagination from there.

sarah707
03-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Crikey £15 is cheap!! i'd let someone have a look at it first - make sure it hasn't got any nasties on it - before giving it to the children.

You might be able to get it a bit faster as well if you add some memory it's not overly expensive and can make a huge difference.

My little ones tend to play on meddibumps and cbeebies :D

Angela234
03-03-2013, 07:49 PM
All of mine like tux painting you can download it here Tux Paint (http://tuxpaint.org/)

FussyElmo
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Mine like friv and kiz :thumbsup:

*daisychain*
03-03-2013, 08:07 PM
I recently bought a peppa pig and a fifi and the flower tots cd roms from amazon , pound land often do random kids cd roms too, I keep my eye out each time I go in, worth a try for £1 ;)

singingcactus
03-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Jump ahead games are great. They are a series of simple games from babies up to key stage 2 at least. You can find them on amazon amongst other places. Just check your computers specs against theirs to ensure your machine will run them.

Tazmin68
04-03-2013, 08:07 AM
jump ahead are very good but do not wrk on wndows 7. We also use cbeebies, Disney and friv.

mushpea
04-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Crikey £15 is cheap!! i'd let someone have a look at it first - make sure it hasn't got any nasties on it - before giving it to the children.

You might be able to get it a bit faster as well if you add some memory it's not overly expensive and can make a huge difference.

My little ones tend to play on meddibumps and cbeebies :D

it was cheap because its an old desk top with xp windows and is mega old, do you know if you install the memory internally or does it come in a card you can put in the machine easily?