PDA

View Full Version : Birth to Three/Every Child Matters

Helen Dempster
03-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Hello. I'm getting myself all in a pickle and totally confused! Could someone pleeeeease explain if any of these two things exist anymore?? Did ECH replace Birth to Three, and has ECH now been replaced by something else? Also, what do we need to be showing on the paperwork side of things regarding Characteristics of Effective Learning???

Thanks my lovelies! I think I'm going a bit doo-lally! :o

christine e
03-03-2013, 07:04 PM
This recent thread mentions ECM not really being relevant

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/eyfs-general/114864-re-every-child-matters-inserts-p-ps-how-do-you-divide-your-eyfs-p-ps.html

sarah707
03-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Birth to 3 isn't really defunct - it just slithered away and the best bits were incorporated into the EYFS. they did try to resurrect it a bit with the revised EYFS in Sept last year but it didn't get far.

ECM was the big cheese until the coalition govt came along and closed the website down. ECM has now disappeared from the revised SEF which was the last place it clung on really....

The characteristics are the ways children learn - have a nosey in free resources I have put some info in there :D

Helen Dempster
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Birth to 3 isn't really defunct - it just slithered away and the best bits were incorporated into the EYFS. they did try to resurrect it a bit with the revised EYFS in Sept last year but it didn't get far.

ECM was the big cheese until the coalition govt came along and closed the website down. ECM has now disappeared from the revised SEF which was the last place it clung on really....

The characteristics are the ways children learn - have a nosey in free resources I have put some info in there :D

So I don't need any reference to either of these two things, is that what you're saying? I'll have a lil look through the free resources, thanks. I feel like I'm going round in circles...I can't find a way I actually LIKE re my paperwork! LOL

hectors house
03-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I was told that Birth to 3 is still useful to use but you don't need to reference it anywhere - but I too have got confused which things work in conjunction with other things and which things have been scrapped!:panic:

sarah707
03-03-2013, 08:49 PM
So I don't need any reference to either of these two things, is that what you're saying?

Yes that's what I am saying...

I have totally given up tbh and I am using the old favourite - alphabetical order :D

wellybelly
14-05-2013, 01:39 PM
I use the revised EYFS and each child has a copy of their age related development matters in their learning journey, but I've been using birth to three matters for some babies I care for who have some development delays (they were born prem and are twins). I feel its a little more in depth and gives me something to show that they are making progress.