PDA

View Full Version : Gollies?

jadavi
03-03-2013, 06:52 AM
People born in the 50s/ 60s will relate to this.
I grew up with gollies and loved them, collected marmalade vouchers for golly badges and they were generally a lovely part of my childhood. Also read Enid Blyton who was big on gollies
Yesterday I picked up two lovely ones from my charity shop and my daughter freaked and says I can't have them out as they are so un PC.
Do you agree?
I don't like being told what I can and can't have by a faddy gmt culture. I never saw them as black people just like I didn't see teddies as white people. They are black toys.
Can I really not have them in my setting?
Honest opinions please!

shortstuff
03-03-2013, 07:24 AM
I have one in my playroom so i will be interested to hear too. Ive never understood why there ws a problem with Gollies, im a child of the 70's so never had the chance to collect the lids and things though. Also i should add my Gollie was given to me in the last three years by a friend with dark skin.

nikkiv
03-03-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm a child of late 70's / 80's and my aunty knitted me a golly and I loved it! I would love to get them for my setting maybe even one for my bed ;) they are just so expensive these days :( not quite sure why they would be "un pc" though!

christine e
03-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Here is what wikepedia says

Golliwogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golliwogg)

I wouldn't have one they are a caricature of black people

jadavi
03-03-2013, 08:12 AM
I have researched it since my post. It seems that if some people are offended then that's reason enough not to have them.

It seems to me though that people have been told to be offended by them - by our culture. The queen had to remove her gollies from the sandringham shop.!

It's to do with the name being golliwog and wog being an offensive racial word - even though they were named golliwogg by their inventor and had nothing to do with colour discrimination. It was a made up word by Florence Upton in 1894 who was an illustrator and story teller.

It's also to do with stereotyping black people with the fat lips and spiky hair and encouraging? children to see ethnic people like that.

As a kid I never saw them representing black people and as it was a loved toy it hardly represented hatred or discrimination.

It's sad but mine are gonna have to live in my bedroom I think.....

jadavi
03-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Christine I don't think they are a caricature of black people (altho that is why they are un pc) any more than teddies are not a caricature of White people.
We have only been told that they are.

Koala
03-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Happy Gollying.

Just because others have issues don't let them bring them to your setting.

Your Gollywog signifies your childhood memories and I presume these are happy and valued, how can any 'right minded' person challenge this.

On the other hand-I don't know the pc issues around them apart from the obvious but I am sure that if any of your customers were offended you would be mortified, it sounds like the current teachings in school from your daughters point of view is rather delicate and challenging so I would probably respect this and put golly away, children are too young to analyse the difference between theoretical and practical pc correctness.

Probably sounds like i'm sitting on the fence.

jadavi
03-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Haha thanks!
She is doing sociology a level and would be embarrassed to have her friends see them in our house. It's not a young child thing... Sadly most of the country would see them as wrong today... The queen had to take them off her shelves at the Sandringham gift shop!

pat75
03-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi my husband is from Jamaica and he would not be offended by the doll. He remembers the picture on the marmalade jars and thinks that all this pc staff is stupid.

nikki thomson
03-03-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm sorry but the worlds gone mad, having a golly which I remember from my childhood is not in my opinion offensive, it's a doll that is black, that's like saying I'm offended as my children's dolls are white and I'm white!!!! It's so silly.
I don't understand why everyone gets so easily offended at things that arn't even offensive, it's like oh I know we have nothing to moan about we'll make something up.
My adopted brother is black my parents fostered him when he was 4 mths old and he's now 37, e use to get the most bizarre looks when we were younger as me and my sister were blond hair and blue eyed, everyone we met thought it was great and to us we knew no different.
There is far more important issues going on in the world than what colour a doll is, rant over.

FussyElmo
03-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm sorry but the worlds gone mad, having a golly which I remember from my childhood is not in my opinion offensive, it's a doll that is black, that's like saying I'm offended as my children's dolls are white and I'm white!!!! It's so silly.
I don't understand why everyone gets so easily offended at things that arn't even offensive, it's like oh I know we have nothing to moan about we'll make something up.
My adopted brother is black my parents fostered him when he was 4 mths old and he's now 37, e use to get the most bizarre looks when we were younger as me and my sister were blond hair and blue eyed, everyone we met thought it was great and to us we knew no different.
There is far more important issues going on in the world than what colour a doll is, rant over.

To be fair the term golliwog was used as a racist term. If someone called your brother a golliwog would you and him be very angry and thats the issue with them the racist undertones.

If I remember (and I do properly have the book somewhere) didnt Enid Blyton write a book called the Three Golliwogs and they were named Golly, Woggy and Nigger. Doubt if anyone would be reading that anymore due to the names :eek:

Would I buy one - no. If I had one it would be stored with the three golliwog book not in my playroom.

Tazmin68
03-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi

I had a golly as a child. My parents bought me one for nostalgia. When we were going through the adoption process the social worker saw it on the bed and we were asked to remove it from display.

bunyip
03-03-2013, 09:36 AM
I believe there is a deeper problem.

Political correctness began as a well-intentioned attempt to re-educate and prevent causing offence. In many ways it was nothing more than a modernised attempt at good manners and kindness. Nowt wrong with that.

But it developed along some unwanted lines - it's one of life's unwritten rules, known as "the law of unintended consequences".

Too many people these days seem to be on the lookout for the least excuse to take offence where none is ever intended. The result is that we're all walking on eggshells for fear of upsetting anyone unintentionally. When I started work on the railways and was being inducted onto the station, my supervisor (a lovely Sikh bloke) quite openly said, "well, since you're not a Pxxx like me, you'd better pretend you're gay - cos then the managers won't give you any trouble." :panic:

Too many people with the slightest bit of authority seem to be gleefully proscribing things because they might offend others - without ever checking if the 'others' they think they're protecting are actually offended. A Guyanan ex-colleague put this very well when he said, "I get sick of people telling me what to be offended by. It's so patronising." Similarly a friend (Irish) who is a prison officer was disciplined under E&D rules, not for saying something about someone else, but for allowing a colleague to call him a "fat P*ddy". :eek:

I find it really sad, cos we lump people in to categories and tell them what their identity is going to have to be. It just stamps on people's individuality. I also believe the fact that it is allowed to go too far only provides truly bigotted people with ammunition to preach their particular form of right-wing nastiness and xenophobic hatred. :(

christine e
03-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Christine I don't think they are a caricature of black people (altho that is why they are un pc) any more than teddies are not a caricature of White people.
We have only been told that they are.

I am able to form my own opinions and I believe they are a caricature of black people although I don't understand what you mean by teddies being a caricature of white people - although named after theodore (teddy) roosevelt they were so named because teddy was his nickname because he refused to shoot a wild bear whilst out hunting - nothing to do with a bear looking like him

winstonian
03-03-2013, 10:00 AM
I had never thought about it until one of my parents (who is black) had quite a rant on facebook after seeing Gollies for sale in a shop, she is a lovely lady and it really upset her. I remember saving tokens for Golly badges too but after seeing how upset/annoyed she was I wouldnt have any out here.

bunyip
03-03-2013, 10:07 AM
I do find it totally random and bizarre what people choose to be upset about.

I don't notice anyone getting upset about the ritual burning of Catholic effigies every November.

I know my local Children's Centres would all blow a fuse if a child arrived clutching (and probably loving) a Golly-doll. But they were happy to join all the local schools, nurseries, pre-schools, and probably a high proportion of CMs in celebrating the Olympic torch ritual last year. Presumably that was an acceptable way in which to celebrate racism and mass-murder? :mad:

jadavi
03-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Wow touched a nerve here- love this forum!

Have already sadly decided no way can iI have my two lovely gollies in my setting.
Now I have the problem if what to do with them? Bin them?

Sorry to offend Christine. You were stating it as a fact which I was disputing but yes it seems that many people do see them as caricatures.

QualityCare
03-03-2013, 10:39 AM
From what l can remember it was more the name that was offensive, and not the Gollie part but the ending, when every one went overly politically correct they were removed from sale as being offensive along with alot of other things that were 'black, remember when they wanted to ban baa baa black sheep, there was and is nothing wrong with the doll its self, we are encouraged to have dolls of all colours and creeds so why not a black rag doll (dare l say it a golliwog) with afro hair and dark skin ,which, after all, all that this is. We have had rag dolls for years all white we never banned them as a characture of white people nor were we called raggy because of them gollies just need rebranding. Sorry if l have offended anyone.

bunyip
03-03-2013, 10:42 AM

Have already sadly decided no way can iI have my two lovely gollies in my setting.

Sorry to offend Christine. You were stating it as a fact which I was disputing but yes it seems that many people do see them as caricatures.

Options:-

1. Take them back to the charity shop to swap for Bob the Builder toys (a caracature of white building labourers with dangerously low workplace safety standards.)

2. Put them in the cupboard until everyone else has thrown theirs out, thus creating a shortage which will may them highly collectable and valuable in future when the cultural wind has changed direction. (I'll look out for you on Antiques Roadshow in 15 years.)

3. Convert them into something more acceptable for Mothers' Day.

4. See if your local Children's Centre has a non-pc-toy amnesty bin (you know, like the police do with knives every so often.)

5. Cuddle them, love them, and say, "stuff you World." :D

bunyip
03-03-2013, 10:49 AM
From what l can remember it was more the name that was offensive, and not the Gollie part but the ending, when every one went overly politically correct they were removed from sale as being offensive along with alot of other things that were 'black, remember when they wanted to ban baa baa black sheep, there was and is nothing wrong with the doll its self, we are encouraged to have dolls of all colours and creeds so why not a black rag doll (dare l say it a golliwog) with afro hair and dark skin ,which, after all, all that this is. We have had rag dolls for years all white we never banned them as a characture of white people nor were we called raggy because of them gollies just need rebranding. Sorry if l have offended anyone.

Do children really get the point of our grown-up paranoia?

Owing to repeated comments made by my visiting DO and Ofsted inspector, 2 of my mindees now refer to our black dolly* as "Token". It has stuck fast, so now they actually believe it's her name. "I'm giving Token a bath"; "I want to change Token's nappy"; etc. etc. ............

* Just thought: am I allowed to say "dolly" or is that a sexist reference to "dolly birds"? Sorry ladies, this little Bunyip is confused. :confused:

OMFG :panic:

FussyElmo
03-03-2013, 10:52 AM

If you like them keep them - I still have my three golliwogs book its also a 1st edition so hopefully I will be on antiques roadshow.

Another reason I personally wouldnt buy them I find them a creepy along with child sized dolls and cabbage patch dolls :laughing::laughing: and I have none of them in my house neither :D

bunyip
03-03-2013, 11:16 AM
If you like them keep them - I still have my three golliwogs book its also a 1st edition so hopefully I will be on antiques roadshow.

Another reason I personally wouldnt buy them I find them a creepy along with child sized dolls and cabbage patch dolls :laughing::laughing: and I have none of them in my house neither :D

OOh yeah. Now don't get me started on clown dolls.

I used to work with a woman who looked exactly like a Cabbage Patch doll. :laughing:

chriss
03-03-2013, 11:26 AM

I don't notice anyone getting upset about the ritual burning of Catholic effigies every November.

I know my local Children's Centres would all blow a fuse if a child arrived clutching (and probably loving) a Golly-doll. But they were happy to join all the local schools, nurseries, pre-schools, and probably a high proportion of CMs in celebrating the Olympic torch ritual last year. Presumably that was an acceptable way in which to celebrate racism and mass-murder? :mad:

sorry I dont understand this about the olympic torch ?

chriss
03-03-2013, 11:31 AM
"token". Love it. Cant do right for doing wrong eh. And just to stir it, if a black childminder had a black doll, would it be mentioned ? Think I am goona look out for 50 shades of skin colour dolls :rolleyes:

bunyip
03-03-2013, 11:55 AM
The Olympic torch was first used in Amsterdam 1928, seemingly as a commercial arrangement to promote the local power supply company, but did not involve a relay run at that time.

The Olympic torch relay was devised by Carl Diem, who organised the 1936 games in Nazi Germany under the strict guidance of propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels. It's purpose was entirely political and racist - viz, to demonstrate and celebrate the athletic prowess of German Aryan racial supremacy. The runners who carried the torch all fitted that racial stereotype, whilst the population who cheered it through the Balkans had little idea that within half a decade they would suffer deprivation and death under Nazi invasion. The relay was restaged in 1938 for a propaganda film which aimed to add a spiritual mystique to Adolf Hitler’s personality and regime by portraying classical Greece as an Aryan forerunner of the modern German Reich.

Diem's final act of the war that followed also involved the Olympic stadium. There he addressed a rally of thousands of teenaged Hitler Youth children, exhorting them to defend the fatherland in the spirit of the Spartans, against the Soviet Red Army which was by then knocking on the door of the German capital. It is estimated that approximately 2000 of the children he sent from the stadium that day were to fall in useless sacrifice in the final days of Berlin.

The peculiar irony remains that Diem was married to a woman of Jewish descent, employed many Jewish construction workers, and was classified by the regime as a "white Jew". He held onto his position (and probably his life) by dint of the fact that he was a superb organiser in the field of sports administration. The same skill allowed him to avoid the post-war trials and be rehabilitated into sport within Federal Germany. This fact is hardly surprising though, given the International Olympic Committee's long track-record of gleefully jumping into bed with some pretty unpleasant regimes.

That's what they don't teach you in school...... or in Lord Coe's constituency Conservative Club for that matter. :(

christine e
03-03-2013, 12:07 PM
article about the nazi connection to the olympic torch here

London 2012 Olympics: torch relay began life as propaganda for Nazi Germany - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/torch-relay/9269992/London-2012-Olympics-torch-relay-began-life-as-propaganda-for-Nazi-Germany.html)

supermumy
03-03-2013, 02:57 PM
"token". Love it. Cant do right for doing wrong eh. And just to stir it, if a black childminder had a black doll, would it be mentioned ? Think I am goona look out for 50 shades of skin colour dolls :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but maybe I've got it wrong but I find this comment really uncalled for
The topic is about golliwog dolls (which I know a lot of people where I live find racist and I wouldn't have one in my setting)

sarah707
03-03-2013, 03:24 PM
I remember my aunt had the whole set of little dolls from the jam jars - I used to play with them when I visited her house and clean them for her.

They kept me busy for hours which suited the adults just fine! :laughing:

They weren't in any way racist - just small world toys which were part of my childhood.

I asked for them when she died but a neighbour had already been in the house and snaffled them :(

This thread has brought back some lovely memories thank you Jadavi :D

However, on another note - they might not be welcome in provisions nowadays depending on your Ofsted inspector.

The thing is you can't take our memories away - especially those of us of a certain age - however much sheep can no longer be white and chalk boards can no longer be black!

Blue Mink - Melting Pot - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HHT_V294Co) - and I still like this song! :laughing:

Cottonsocks
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree that we are only told by others what to consider as offensive these days. I can't stand all this PC nonsense. Drives me mad, people need to have their own minds. I used to have a Golly in my setting, never a problem for my Inspectors. They never said a word when they saw the children playing with it (& why should they - it was a soft toy for goodness sake). I don't have it anymore as it fell apart from many years of play. I also have the Enid Blyton book, not in the playroom I hasten to add but only because I wouldn't want it ruined. My daughter read it as a young girl. She wouldn't know their names were offensive names, she read it at face value, those were their names & she enjoyed the stories very much. End of rant ;-)

shortstuff
03-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Sorry but my golly is definitely staying. if anyone is offended by it then I see it as their issue as it is a toy. I have toys which depict all sorts of things but none of it is there with any intent except for the lo's to enjoy themselves. I know people from lots of different countries and as yet i havent met one that is offended by it. Maybe i should feel differently but thats my view.

wendywu
03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
I have a vintage Golly and my black doll Topsy and she is 53 years old now.

But i must admit i put my Golly away when i am due to be inspected, my values wont stand up to being downgraded. Not that silly ha ha :laughing:

On the other hand i have the book "little black Sambo" and its 1999. I was gobsmacked that it was so recent :eeeek:

sharonmanc
03-03-2013, 04:39 PM
As a black childminder I don't understand the comment about the black childminder having a black doll either, and it has nothing to do with this thread.

I grew up with them too, but I would not have one in my setting where the children are because of their place in history and racist connotations, but would have them in my room etc, as they are a part of my childhood, not overly positive but still a part of it nonetheless. They had them in the toy museum we visited with their history and why they were removed from sale etc. something I taught to my kids etc

i don't think in this case it is overly PC. You have to remember they may have had fond memories for you growing up, but for other people of the same generation who were called golliwogs etc they won't. I remember being called this as a kid, even though I was a child of the 80's interchanged with black b****** and nigger and not as a term of endearment, so for me walking into a setting where my child would be and seeing a golly I would think twice.

supermumy
03-03-2013, 04:44 PM
As a black childminder I don't understand the comment about the black childminder having a black doll either, and it has nothing to do with this thread.

I grew up with them too, but I would not have one in my setting where the children are because of their place in history and racist connotations, but would have them in my room etc, as they are a part of my childhood, not overly positive but still a part of it nonetheless. They had them in the toy museum we visited with their history and why they were removed from sale etc. something I taught to my kids etc

i don't think in this case it is overly PC. You have to remember they may have had fond memories for you growing up, but for other people of the same generation who were called golliwogs etc they won't. I remember being called this as a kid, even though I was a child of the 80's interchanged with black b****** and nigger and not as a term of endearment, so for me walking into a setting where my child would be and seeing a golly I would think twice.

Well said :)

jadavi
03-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Just had an idea - could ask all six sets of parents!! One is a social worker, two are teachers.... If everyone is fine then hey presto!

Katiekoo
03-03-2013, 05:35 PM
I have to say, I really dislike them. I had a beautiful one as a child and I loved him, but in the 70's there was a bit of a cull of them, my Mum explained to me when I was quite little that although we loved him, actually he wasn't a helpful toy and I packed him away. I'm glad she did that, I lived in a hugely un diverse area I was unlikely to experience any other kind of representation of black people. I understand that some people find them harmless and I'd never expect anyone to get rid of theirs for my own sensitivity, but I just don't like them myself. I think asking the parents is an excellent idea.

chriss
03-03-2013, 07:19 PM

I was referring to the post below, saying Love it but being sarcastic. We are told to have multi diversity resources, which I absolutely agree with,but then its looked upon as a token gesture. As I have said in previous posts, the resources we have should depict society, and not be a token gesture.
As for the comment regarding a black childminder, I stand by that comment, and I am in no way being racist. Just trying to understand why Ofsted commented on the token doll thing with another minder.
Sorry if I offended anyone, it was not intentioned.

"Owing to repeated comments made by my visiting DO and Ofsted inspector, 2 of my mindees now refer to our black dolly* as "Token". It has stuck fast, so now they actually believe it's her name. "I'm giving Tokent to change Token's nappy"; etc. etc. ............

bunyip
04-03-2013, 01:11 PM
I was referring to the post below, saying Love it but being sarcastic. We are told to have multi diversity resources, which I absolutely agree with,but then its looked upon as a token gesture. As I have said in previous posts, the resources we have should depict society, and not be a token gesture.
As for the comment regarding a black childminder, I stand by that comment, and I am in no way being racist. Just trying to understand why Ofsted commented on the token doll thing with another minder.
Sorry if I offended anyone, it was not intentioned.

"Owing to repeated comments made by my visiting DO and Ofsted inspector, 2 of my mindees now refer to our black dolly* as "Token". It has stuck fast, so now they actually believe it's her name. "I'm giving Tokent to change Token's nappy"; etc. etc. ............

Hi chriss. For my part, I wasn't offended that you commented on my doll which is now named (by a combination of the lo's/inspector/my DO) "Token". I took it you were just agreeing with what I'd implied: we do our best and then our best gets misinterpreted as some sort of 'gesture'.

Neither am I about to take offence on anyone else's behalf. I hope we'll all sufficiently grown up to make our own decisions in that repsect.

To clarify, my Ofsted inspector gave me a 'good' for "the effectiveness with which the provision deploys resources" and noted that I need to "enhance resources which reflect diversity" as my next steps to improve provision further. All other judgements in all areas were "outstanding". I did comment this was at odds with her judgement of outstanding in "the effectiveness with which the setting promotes equality & diversity". She replied she had to do this cos she'd never given anyone outstanding in every single area and her boss would throw out the whole inspection if she tried. Despite the wide range of toys, books, posters I had, she still said "black dolls are seen as something of a token item." My DFO had repeatedly said the same thing at CM group the day before, and the lo's picked up on it and started calling the doll "Token" all very innocently, and it kind of stuck as an indictment of MrsO and my DO's attitude.

Oh well, if you want a lively pastime, either raise a diversity issue on the forum or go clog-dancing in a minefield. :rolleyes:

Bunyip (proud member of a 3% minority, but mainly just another World Citizen member of the Human Race. :)

chriss
04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Gonna keep my trap shut methinks, didnt mean to offend, didnt think I had said anything to offend. Apologise again If i did :(

nipper
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
On the other hand i have the book "little black Sambo" and its 1999. I was gobsmacked that it was so recent :eeeek:

I used to love this book too, especially the pictures! And I also used to love the Robinsons golly badges that you used to have to save up the tokens for!

Well if one of my mindees turned up with a gollywog, it wouldn't bother me at all.

It's like the word 'gay' too many negative connotations have sprung up over the years...the world has gone mad.

Roseolivia
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
I still have my golly from when i was born 38yrs ago minus a face and won't be getting rid of him. I have 2 others, think one is upstairs in the kids room and one is in the playroom teddy bin. I didn't buy them because of any racist thinking, i love my golly and wanted my 2 children to have one. I agree with Bunyips number 5 comment.

rickysmiths
04-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Well I grew up many moons ago and still have my Golly, too fragile to be in a childminding box though. I also have two dolls made by Chad Valley that were my mums called Mr and Mrs Sambo. I loved them as I loved my other dolls and it taught me very early on that we are not all the same. We teach this in a different way now.

WibbleWobble
04-03-2013, 06:02 PM

well said Sharonmanc.....i will not allow them into my setting. I feel they have no place in todays world. I wouldnt like to think anyone including my Zimbabwean daughter in law to feel uneasy in my home.

And yes i had them too as a child in the 1960s and 70s...a chair, a doll the same height as me with straps to put my feet in so i could dance with him. There are a lot of things we used to do/have in those days. And i for one am glad we dont have them now.

wibble on her soapbox

xxxxxxxxxxxx

mama2three
04-03-2013, 06:47 PM

Oh believe me , Bunyip , my OH gets particualarly upset by the ritual burning of a catholic each november , and the 'skewed' way that the gunpowder plot etc is taught now in schools. :panic:

ceegee
04-03-2013, 07:55 PM
My mum also a CM was asked 2 years ago to either get rid or put in loft at her last ofsted visit.
She has since retired and got her golly teddy back out the loft.
I remember this teddy with great fondness as a child as I loved his red jacket and blue striped trousers!

wendywu
04-03-2013, 11:01 PM
I love my Golly but he is so fragile that he cannot be played with really. The children often ask to look at him and some of the other toys of my childhood. They also love to look at the old photos of my two DD now aged 20 & 24. I suppose i see things like this through the eyes of a child. I also refuse to sing ba ba white sheep :panic:

Mind you Noddy did not like Golly much either, do you think Noddy was an Ofsted inspector :laughing:

jadavi
04-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Haha I think Big Ears is a stronger contender for Mr O with a close runner up in Mr Plod maybe. Noddy is a silly Billy who talks to his car and goes to bed with his hat on...

jadavi
06-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Just to say all 7 sets of parents loved my gollies and want me to keep them. Most of them had the same attitude as me....
However will remove them for new visitors and we'll see how brave I feel for Ofsted! I have documented all my research on this - haha.

Daisy De
06-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Personally I think the world has gone completely mad and I find it quite depressing :(

bunyip
06-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Haha I think Big Ears is a stronger contender for Mr O with a close runner up in Mr Plod maybe. Noddy is a silly Billy who talks to his car and goes to bed with his hat on...

:waving: Hi Jadavi: careful now.

I don't think we ought to go around calling him "Big Ears" in this day and age (you big bully, you :rolleyes: .)

You may find Ofsted et al would regard "Undiagnosed Suspected Partial Symptomatic Sufferer of Borjeson-Forssman-Lehmann Syndrome" as more acceptable. :p

jadavi
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Haha. Guess the fat controller needs renaming too then!