PDA

View Full Version : I keep picking up respiratory bugs!

helendee
02-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Just wondering if anyone else keeps getting ill recently?

I have been minding for nearly twenty years now and never used to get ill but for the past two years or so I seem to pick up every bug going!

It doesn't help that our little mindees seem to have constant colds and runny noses! Any suggestions on how to boost my immune system?

Koala
02-03-2013, 08:53 PM
I'd be interested in a magic remedy too, Both my assistant and I have been fighting off bugs for the past 6 weeks, we havn't suffered previously, but lately the bugs have worn us down.

mummyMia
03-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I had a few really bad years of being ill constantly. So for the last 2 winters I have taken the flu jab and that seems to have really helped. Last winter I only had one really mild cold that lasted 2 days and the same again this winter. This January dh and my own kids had a severe case of flu but I didn't catch it at all:clapping:

sarah707
03-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Definitely time to explore healthy / immune boosting options I think!!

I eat well anyway - I have done since I started with SW about 2 years ago - but I make sure that during winter I also have high strength Manuka honey every day in my breakfast oats and a probiotic yoghurt drink.

I take a vitamin C and zinc fizzy tablet every morning... and every few weeks I take an echinacea tablet for a week.

My diet is good so I don't take a multi vitamin but I would if I was suffering.

We did have dreadful flu over Christmas - but apart from that seem to have battled the other coughs and colds.

Maybe get yourself down to Holland and Barratt and see what they suggest. I have always found them really helpful.

I hope this helps a little! :D

jackie 7
03-03-2013, 01:38 PM
I started taking my multiple vitamins and berroca. I feel so much better. We didn't get much vitamin d last summer as we had no summer.