PDA

View Full Version : do i need eyfs?

squeely wheely
02-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if I need to do eyfs for a boy I'm going to start minding on a Monday. He goes to nursery tues-fri but the parents couldnt get a space for Monday so he will be with me. Question is the nursery will be doing eyfs so do I need to as well?

Thanks!

supermumy
02-03-2013, 11:22 AM
It is ur job to practice and follow the eyfs for all children in ur care no matter the days the attend so yes you will, you will also have to work along the nursery if can :)

blue bear
02-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Yes you do, but obviously the amount of observations etc will be a lot less than they would be on a full time child. Try to chat to the nursery see if you can swap obs and planning so you can each provide activities and build on skills learned at the different setting.

squeely wheely
02-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks! I'll get in touch with the nursery :-)

jackie 7
02-03-2013, 01:44 PM
I was told on training that the setting that the child attends the most time in does the learning journal and eyfs.

supermumy
02-03-2013, 02:05 PM
No that's not correct
I only had a mindee once a week and I done a learning journey obs everything and ofsted when I had my visit wanted to see it all a loved it
I done an obs for that child every tuesday they attended weither it be short, planned or just a spontaneous one of something they had said or done and also i didnt do planning we went by day planning cause of only being once week.
Can u imagine if ofsted came and I had nothing to show? How would I prove what I was doing and how that child was progressing in my car!

I may be wrong hopefully others will come along and have there say :)