PDA

View Full Version : ofsted coming not ready

kims kingdom
01-03-2013, 10:28 PM
If its true that Ofsted are coming to see me in march as i didnt have any children in sept when ofsted phoned so gave me another 6 months but i dont feel ready.:panic:
But i have talked to a lady who owns the nursery my daughter goes to and she has really helped me loads has told me some paperwork that i needed which i now have.
Is anyone really ready for Ofsted or if youve been cm for a few years then perhaps your used to it?
just looked on ofsted website and they observe you the whole time well what about the school run?ill have my own children here aswell will that matter what if one of my children decides to show unwanted behaviourStill need some work done in the garden aswell will that bi a issue do you think.
Will he/she want to see lj?
Its me again can you tell im still new at being a cm???

cathtee
01-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Just do what you normally do, whe will want to see how you are with the children and your paperwork. My inspecter came when my garden
was not useable, ladder bricks and generally unsafe, so I just told her that the garden was out of use at that time and the children
had the use of the local park and daily outings to school etc she was happy that it was risk assessed and not used.

blue bear
02-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Try treat the inspection as a positive, you will have an outsider give you some unbiased judgments to better your service and hopefully increase the families you care for.
If it was good enough last week then it's good enough for inspection day, she wants to see how it always is, own children and all. Most inspectors (well round here anyway) come after the school run so about 10 ish and stay for 2-3 hours. The best advice I had on here was treat everyday as if an inspector is looking over your shoulder and that way when it comes to inspection your normal daily routine will be so natural to you, you will just carry on and feel more relaxed.
If your garden needs improvement write it up in your sef with details of how you get around that to make sure the children get outside time everyday and your timeline plan of when the improvements will be made and your expected ideas of how that improvement will impact on your service and the children.

She will want to see all your paperwork including learning journals, put everything in a box on the table or next to the sofa, say hello, offer her a drink and then get on with your normal day, the children should come first during the inspection not the inspector.

Rick
02-03-2013, 09:02 AM
And on the point of children playing up. Ofsted know children don't always act how you would like, it's how you deal with it that Ofsted will be interested in. Mine is coming up in the next few weeks so I'm trying to get myself ready now rather than wait for the call!

kellyskidz!
02-03-2013, 09:03 AM
My inspector phoned me the day before to say she was coming out and what time my school runs/outings were so she could work around them. She said inspectors generally don't like to go out of the setting with you as they like to observe the environment in which the children are usually cared for. I told her I had a school pick up at 12pm and she said 'I'll see you after 12pm then':cool:
My inspection was in December 2012 and one of the main things she focused on was outdoor play so make sure you tell her about everything they do outside and I'd take the kids out too, even if its chucking it down! Really talk about it a lot because that seems to be a big point with them, as well as sharing info with parents- explain or show how you pass information on and how you are working together as a team. Good luck and let us know how it goes xx

Tinkerbell1979
02-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Oh and they don't care about your children, they don't observe you with them. My daughter managed to climb up my cupboards without me seeing, stuffed the chocolate cake in her mouth which was her aim for climbing then declared to my inspector that was her lunch!!!! Inspector just said lucky you're not a minded child and I'm not observing you, lol - I was graded good in a areas lol

kims kingdom
02-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks you everyone for comments i really need to do my SEF form i just cant fill out forms i either dont write enough or i fill the box with stuff that ive all ready wrote.
Well better get cracking and just do it lovely wy to spend a sat night but ill feel better if i just do it.
does anyone have a parent who is a bit relaxed on replying to texts?ive now got a little book to write down everything child does and ill put it in school bag so mum can see is this enough for working with parents as i only have her for 2hrs after school.
Ive done another all about me book a template from my out of reach worker so will give that to my other mum but she has already written a single piece of paper for all about me i dont want to annoy her by keep writing all the time but got my questionnaire back from her and it was very pleasent very happy she said just waiting for my other one now to come back im so pleased i have got loads of mindees at the min dont think id cope!!
Does anyone have a routine board aswell?
thanks forum friends :)

MessybutHappy
02-03-2013, 02:51 PM
I think that the prospect of the inspection is often worse than the event. Try to see it as a chance to show off, and also to be free to get feedback. The checklists on here are great too. So long as you know the problems in your garden and are keeping the children from them, that'll be ok. Good luck!

pinky33
02-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Honestly don't panic they are human just like us lol

kims kingdom
02-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Honestly don't panic they are human just like us lol

thanks pinky33 i think ill prepare for the worst to be said then if i get a good ill be so excitied and might treat myself to a little something :)

pinky33
02-03-2013, 04:58 PM
You will get a good no question..... offer a drink to be consumed in the kitchen and some bikkies and you will be fine

kims kingdom
02-03-2013, 08:23 PM
You will get a good no question..... offer a drink to be consumed in the kitchen and some bikkies and you will be fine

Thanks again pinky33
Ill make sure ive got biscuits in then...
ive just done a newsletter so thats another thing off my list getting there slowly but this forum has been really helpful so nice to log on here whenever and get some lovely people to reply hopefully ofsted give me another couple of weeks just so im really ready altho not sure ill ever be ready but hey im just gonna deal with !!