PDA

View Full Version : So what is it?

lorettacritchet
01-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Ok so I am guessing I should know all about this but I don't.

I have been asked to join the network of childminders - I have no idea what this or why I need visiting before joining. I did ask a while ago but have completely forgotten. Are there any benefits to joining this network? What kind of inspection would I be getting from the council who is coming to complete some paperwork for this?

Also has anyone done the Level 3 in childcare, what is it like? Is it hard?

Little Puddings
01-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Is it so you can receive funding for 3-4 year olds?
I am a network childminder since last October but I don't have any children accessing their 15hrs through me yet. I only have one who is eligible but she had been talking about starting nursery in January since last September and she needs the bigger setting as though she is lovely she can be a bully at times.
I have made the decision that from September I will not do any drop offs or pick ups from my local nursery school as it clashes with delivering my own sessions.
We were invited to an information evening when they started up the network in my town last summer.
I had to have another RAG inspection covering section 24. I also had to do a 2 day Senco awareness course and attend a minumum of 3 network meetings a year and agree to have 2 visits from my DO every year. Not sure if it is the same in every county as I am still new to it all. I guess there will be plenty of network childminders on here.
S

Rubybubbles
01-03-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm a network childminder, in Hampshire it was very simple to join here:clapping:

I already have my level 3 from a few years ago (5 years now yikes!) but I do know to join the network here it's one of the requirements before you join.

TBH not much different apart from a few more training evenings have been available (which is a plus) and having a DO come out for 3 sessions to get me registered onto network then will visit unannounced at some point.

I can offer the Early Education Grant (basicly 2,3,4 year old funded spaces) and filled 1 of my part time spaces very quickly with a 2yr old:thumbsup:

good luck