PDA

View Full Version : viewing on saturday

adele1985
01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
well my house is officially up for sale :(

the board went up yesterday and they came to take photos today

spoke to an advisor and we wont be able to get a mortgage so if it does ell we will have to find somewhere else ( we rent)

ive got a parent coming next saturday to look around .... any ideas how to explain the for sale sign without putting her off ????

rickysmiths
01-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Not really the only time we have moved we were selling our own flat and we didn't want a board up because I didn't want to tell my parents until we knew we had sold and bought somewhere else.

mummyMia
01-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Could you plead with your landlord and ask that the sign is taken down? We sold our house last year and didn't have a sign because I didn't want to tell my parents until we had a buyer.

Mouse
01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Will you be looking for somewhere in the same area? Are you hoping parents would move with you?

If you're stopping close by I would use the for sale sign as a positive. Tell parents you are very excited to be looking for somewhere new and finding somewhere perfect for childminding will be your number one priority (even if that's not strictly true!)

MessybutHappy
01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
I would reassure that you are confident that you will be able to find a similar or better place not too far away, unless your landlord is selling it as an on going concern and you'll still be there? The parent is placing the child with you, not the building. You could also say you've taken advice on how to make any move as stress free as possible for the children, it could actually be a fab learning opportunity for them. Good Luck

MessybutHappy
01-03-2013, 08:16 PM
And what Mouse said!

pinky33
02-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Ditto above,it wouldn't put me off.