PDA

View Full Version : Jane powertwin pram

jmoff
28-06-2008, 08:05 PM
hi, I am looking into buying this pram by Jane Slalom... Can anyone recommend this?

Thank you!

Jana x

Tily Bud
28-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Sorry ive never come across it xx

manjay
28-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I had a go when I was looking for a double but it was much heavier than I wanted. Sorry can't help!

miffy
28-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Never heard of that one, sorry

miffy xx

Chell
29-06-2008, 08:01 AM
I looked at the single recently in Kiddicare, it looked really comfortable and spacious for the child and was really easy/light to push.

It was in my top three to buy but I was looking for a single for a newborn that was spacious enough should my chunky three year old need a sleep (and the baby would go in a sling).

Chell
29-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Here is the link for those who don't know what they are like:

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay25_904_30_10751_14552_set_-1__10001

It is the three wheelers towards the bottom.

crazybones
29-06-2008, 08:15 AM
I had a go of one in Mothercare last week. It was a really nice pram but I found it a bit heavy as my shoulder is really playing up. I was set on an Out n' about nipper double, which I now have and absolutely love - even though it doesnt fit through the front door without a lot of manouvering.

Jinx
29-06-2008, 11:20 AM
A friend of mine has one of these and she said she wouldn't recommend it if you are using it with a carseat.

She had the baby in the carseat at the back and if she got the toddler out of the front first it tipped back! She would have to get the carseat off first, which ment that if it was raining, the toddler would get soaked whilst she was doing this!

She has had it for quite a while though so it may have been updated by now.

She has also gone for an out n about nipper to replace the Jane.

This friend has 8 kids so she knows her pushchairs! LOL :thumbsup:

Jinx x

Trouble
29-06-2008, 11:23 AM
nice pram:clapping:

mum26
29-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi,

I have had a Jane Powertwin and I did really like it. I found it quite easy to push - only thing I wasn't so keen on was the need for connectors to attach the car seat to the pushchair - however I think if you buy a Powertwin Pro then you don't have to have the connectors any more. The raincover is novel too as it has little windows that you can roll up-children really liked this.

Must admit I don't have a lot of experience with double pushchairs, however I have a Maclaren Techno double at moment and I'm not so keen on that. I do find this very heavy to push and feel I am getting in everyone's way with it - I much prefer the tandem.

Hth

Karen

jmoff
29-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi,

I have had a Jane Powertwin and I did really like it. I found it quite easy to push - only thing I wasn't so keen on was the need for connectors to attach the car seat to the pushchair - however I think if you buy a Powertwin Pro then you don't have to have the connectors any more. The raincover is novel too as it has little windows that you can roll up-children really liked this.

Must admit I don't have a lot of experience with double pushchairs, however I have a Maclaren Techno double at moment and I'm not so keen on that. I do find this very heavy to push and feel I am getting in everyone's way with it - I much prefer the tandem.

Hth

Karen

phew!
Thanks for that, karen...I really want it now! to replace my out and about nipper...

Thanks Chell for the link!

Jana x

JO S
01-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Just wanted to add I've had one of these for my own kids and it was brill.

Jo. x

elizabeth
01-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi, I have a Jane power twin, there are lots of pros and cons as with them all. I find it easy to push, not so easy to lift when folded if you need to put in and out of the car, there isn't as much room between the seats as in my old tandem (a mothercare which was very hard to push and gave me tennis elbow) I even have a buggy board attached to the Jane and find it easy to manoeuvre, as the pavements are narrow where we live a side by side is not practical. I did have a problem with the foot plate shearing off, but my push chair is quite old and I had no problem getting a replacemnet part. Hope this helps.

jmoff
03-07-2008, 06:01 PM
I have finally bought this pram!
And I love it! It is soo easy to push!!! And it has a swivel wheel, yaayyy!

Jana x

Rubybubbles
03-07-2008, 06:13 PM
glad you like it! I would of gone for this one (I got phil and teds) if it wasn't for the fact I needed a single too

Mrs.L.C
09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Is it the three wheeler? I looked at these when getting a new twin pushchair but found the seats esp the front quite small and would be no good for larger toddlers and I was looking for something I could use for all ages under 3 no matter what size they were. in the end i opted for the out n about 36o twin nipper which fits through most doors and is so easy to push even with larger toddlers

littletreasures
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Same as Laura.

I looked for about 2 months before buying a new buggy. I tried them out in Mothercare and a local shop. Decided the nipper 360 was the best one. It is great and love using it. I looked at the Jane powertwin and decided I didn't think the child in the back would be very comfortable if the front one was reclined and they weren't or even the back seats sleeping position.

littletreasures