PDA

View Full Version : so annoyed

kims kingdom
01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
So I posted on here the oter bout a parent comin with two boys 4 and 18mo and hadnt heard anything so gave the dad a text this morning got a reply that has made me so cross when they were here and the boys were playing my son walked into the pkay room and became aggressive over a toy his 5 and his been really good with the girls ive got he take a while to get used to it olus I said to him to put the toys he doesnt want the other children to play with in his bedroom ive said it loads of time Im leavin it to him to be responsable for it its only takin toys upstairs don't think im askin to much,
Now its going to look like ive got a aggressive son and noone will want to come here if they happen to pass the word around :panic:
Just when I thought things were going good I paid the 20 for childcare membership so got a couole oc numbers that ive contacted im waiting for a women to email me back but is it just me but some parents seem really laid backand don't make decide when I wanted a cm I made my mind up straight away didnt want to look around.
Oh well im pleased with the girls ive got im hoping for a reply from email as she lookin for 8-4 but not sure as days might be different his 16months but this has def been a learning process gonna talk to my son later im so cross with him maybe it wasnt meant to be but either way got to find a solution can't have him doing that again.
Thanks for listening forum:)

hectors house
01-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Oh dear, I am sure someone else will come along soon - last week I had a lady with baby come round to visit, while she was here the 14 month old I have fell asleep on my lap, I said I would take him up and try to settle him in cot and did she want to come up to see where children sleep, so she did. However the lo woke up and stood up straight away, normally I would battle it out by lying him back down as many times as it took, but that obviously means I am not downstairs with other mindees (I can still hear them), so not wanting this parent to think I was abandoning the others I gave up and took lo back downstairs, saying oh well he doesn't normally sleep in the morning, I will try him at normal time after lunch. I haven't heard back from her, I am wondering if she thought I was too soft with the lo - just can't win!

kims kingdom
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Oh dear, I am sure someone else will come along soon - last week I had a lady with baby come round to visit, while she was here the 14 month old I have fell asleep on my lap, I said I would take him up and try to settle him in cot and did she want to come up to see where children sleep, so she did. However the lo woke up and stood up straight away, normally I would battle it out by lying him back down as many times as it took, but that obviously means I am not downstairs with other mindees (I can still hear them), so not wanting this parent to think I was abandoning the others I gave up and took lo back downstairs, saying oh well he doesn't normally sleep in the morning, I will try him at normal time after lunch. I haven't heard back from her, I am wondering if she thought I was too soft with the lo - just can't win!

Hard to decide when mum is there is they not anyway of havin the cot downstairs so easier for you my upstairs isnt registered but my lo falks asleep in the pushchair on school run. Hard to make every parent happy u might not of won either way

sarah707
01-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Don't be too hard on your own child :(

If parents really have an issue because your son asked for a toy back then I'm not sure I would want to work with them in the future.

Children fall out over toys... children have accidents and go home with bruises... children fight... children get bitten or bite... all sorts of things can go wrong and parents have to be prepared to deal with them.

Hugs xx

FussyElmo
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Your son is 5 and wanted his toy back not unreasonable in his own home.

Personally I would consider I wasnot the cm for them and move on - you dont actually know that was the real reason for them not choosing you

kims kingdom
01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Don't be too hard on your own child :(

If parents really have an issue because your son asked for a toy back then I'm not sure I would want to work with them in the future.

Children fall out over toys... children have accidents and go home with bruises... children fight... children get bitten or bite... all sorts of things can go wrong and parents have to be prepared to deal with them.

Hugs xx

Thanks sarah ive never had a parent come round then said no so thats new but im seein it as learning from this and make sure it don't happen again feel embassered more than anything that my son was the misbehaved one like I can't control my children wel, lets hope I get a yes from the next one .

VeggieSausage
01-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I always try and have my own children out of the way when a new parent comes round, they often show you up!! lol

chezzagriff
01-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I try to have my 2 year old out with my mum as he can be like that when someone plays with his toys, after me telling him to share and after a cry at being told to share hes fine but dont want it infront of parents, at the same time though if a parent had a problem with my children I wouldnt want them anyway, maybe its for the best imagine if one of her children went home with an accident form you wouldnt hear the end of it!

blue bear
01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
I had a parent tell me she didn't want to place her chikd with because of my two year old, I was pleased she had told me I wouldn't want her coming I to my house if she didn't like him, as it was the very next spray had a call from a full timer, lovely family chikd loved my ds.