PDA

View Full Version : Tummy bug

migimoo
01-03-2013, 11:04 AM
One of my mindees had d & v at the end of last week...mum assured me that she hadn't been sick since early hours of Monday morning so I was happy to let her back on Wednesday-nappies a bit loose but not too bad.

I've been up all night with tummy pains and feeling very queasy,gagging...looks like i've caught it.

I haven't actually been sick yet but txted all parents to let them know I would understand if they didn't want to send LO's today....not one has kept them off,and 2 of them aren't even working today:panic:

We're having a quiet day just pottering around the house but i'm dreading heating up lunches later....may have to do it with a teatowel tied around my face like I used to when I had morning sickness:laughing:

migimoo
01-03-2013, 12:18 PM
One of today's mindees has just vomited all over my living room carpet:crying: this will def start me off now cleaning that up.....oh, and rang mum to collect "I've just got to finish off a few jobs in town and i'll be there".......NO-GET HERE NOW!!!:angry:

AgentTink
01-03-2013, 12:22 PM
I have found a lot of the time recently that the 48hours is not stopping the bug spreading as i just think it is doing the rounds so much that everyone is coming into contact with it, and it just seems to be a vicious circle :panic:

My little girl was diagnosed as having Scarlet Fever last night and it amazes me how parents are more interested in when am I open rather than the risk of their child catching it. I am very lucky in that my little girl has the rash, slight temp which is being managed by calpol, a sore tummy, and only a minor sore throat, whereas i know sore children are wiped out by it.

Glad i dont work Fridays as i don't have anyone making me feel guilty for not being open.

I hope if you have the bug that it is over and done with quickly. Have as much as a relaxing day as you can today, and if you feel worse make sure you ring the parents :thumbsup:

AgentTink
01-03-2013, 12:24 PM
woops our messages crossed. I hope the parent comes asap, and i think i would be shutting up if i was feeling poorly too now as it wont be long til you are most probably struck down with it too. The last thing you would want is kids in your home whilst you are vomiting :panic:

nipper
01-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Oh no poor you, well at least if the mum of the original sick mindee has to be inconvenienced because you can't work then maybe she will get the message! It makes me really cross though. Hope you feel better soon!

FussyElmo
01-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Ah yes but you gave the parents the option of sending them probably in her mind there is no rush as she thinks you have it anyhow :D

RuthJ
01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Ah, you poor thing :( Can you get them all collected early and go back to bed?

Get well soon. x

Firefly
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
I hope this is relevant, but just thinking around cleaning for issues like tummy bugs.
What do you do to clean things like musical instruments (eg. one made of wood)?
Obviously dribbly mouths over whistles, panpipes and things can very easily spread germs.

I thought wiping with Milton might be best but does anyone else have any ideas?!

Firefly

VeggieSausage
01-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Been up all night with dd holding her hair back :(

migimoo
01-03-2013, 05:02 PM
2 hours it took her to get him collected-by someone else!...she was in town shopping-fuming as I then had to take him on the nursery run and he was so poorly :angry:

Still feel crappy but no vom yet from me so i'm going to risk some dry toast...wish me luck!

mazza58
01-03-2013, 05:07 PM
I can not believe some parents, the poor child. Hope you feel better soon