PDA

View Full Version : "The" Call....

Helen Dempster
01-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Yes, I've had the call from Tribal Ofsted. I just wondered...if there's ONE piece of advice you could give me for the on-coming visit, what would it be....?

chriss
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Tribal Ofsted ?? Whats this ??

Helen Dempster
01-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Tribal are the company that now do inspections - It's like a sister company of Ofsted. It's exactly the same, just a different name (to help Ofsted with their workload, I think!) Have you never heard of it then? I think there are two different companies, Tribal and another one (but can't remember their name). I'm sure someone will come along and clarify this though.

AliceK
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
My one piece of advice would be PANIC!!!!!!

They called me seems like ages ago now to see if I was minding in the EY group. She said she would call me back to arrange a day to come out, I've not heard anything since. I've got over the PANIC stage and am now at the couldn't care less stage :blush:, just wish she would bloomin well come now.

xxxxx

chriss
01-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Tribal are the company that now do inspections - It's like a sister company of Ofsted. It's exactly the same, just a different name (to help Ofsted with their workload, I think!) Have you never heard of it then? I think there are two different companies, Tribal and another one (but can't remember their name). I'm sure someone will come along and clarify this though.

nope never heard of tribal

shortstuff
01-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I had my pre reg completed by an inspector from tribal. She was really encouraging and positive so nothing negative from me about them :-)

nipper
01-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Batten down the hatches

FussyElmo
01-03-2013, 10:10 AM
The other group is called prospects.

My advice is to be yourself dont do anything different and take your time to think about her questions

Shamai
01-03-2013, 01:17 PM
My advice would be to show how you have helped your mindee to develop during their time with you. If you'd like to see my Ofsted report from January this year, it might give you some pointers as to what their looking for (even tho each inspector is different!) Just let me know. Lots of luck x

sarah707
01-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Don't panic!! :laughing:

blow your own trumpet - nobody else will do it for you - be ready to talk about everything positive and wonderful you do with the children :clapping:

halor
01-03-2013, 01:36 PM
When I had my pre reg it was done by ofsted who then pass it in to tribal and it goes to their quality assurance department. From what mrs O told me they basically make sure the t's are crossed and i's dotted. Didn't realise the also did inspections. Can't see how it would be any different though. Good luck!