View Full Version : Jesus

jadavi
01-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Overheard at tea
Boy: Jesus comes alive soon
Girl: no Jesus goes dead soon
Boy: no he comes alive.
Girl: no you've got it wrong, he goes dead,

Fraud to say I ducked into the kitchen and didn't say anything......:)

amirose
01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Aren't they both right? lol

FussyElmo
01-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Aren't they both right? lol

My thoughts exactly I would have said well done to both of you

hectors house
01-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Ah bless

I took my mindees to garden centre recently and we were looking around at all the different statues - one lo (2 & half) looked at a statue of a little boy with a spade digging and said "it's baby jesus", the other mindee said it wasn't but she insisted it was. Then this week I asked them to suggest some songs we could sing and the same lo said "baby jesus song" - so yes this week, last week in February we were singing "away in a manger"!

RuthJ
01-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Ah bless

I took my mindees to garden centre recently and we were looking around at all the different statues - one lo (2 & half) looked at a statue of a little boy with a spade digging and said "it's baby jesus", the other mindee said it wasn't but she insisted it was. Then this week I asked them to suggest some songs we could sing and the same lo said "baby jesus song" - so yes this week, last week in February we were singing "away in a manger"!

:laughing: My own two children were singing Away in a Manger at breakfast this morning!

migimoo
01-03-2013, 11:10 AM
One of my LO's came yesterday wearing a xmas hat that played 'Rudolph the red nosed reindeer'.....every 30 seconds-we got some odd looks at the park!

jadavi
01-03-2013, 12:25 PM
I thought I'd tell the modes parents about their confusion and they can decide what to say....

sarah707
01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
I have the Usborne Easter story book - I'd be reading that and telling them both well done! :laughing:

Stapleton83
01-03-2013, 01:55 PM
One of my friends DS came home from school and announced he'd been to church because it was Easter. He then said to his mum, "Jesus didn't live long did he born at Christmas, died at Easter " :laughing::laughing::laughing: can't fault the logic though

Sam x

jadavi
05-03-2013, 05:49 AM
Thanks Sarah I have ordered that.
Interested to see how they explain it.....

To be completely honest I don't like talking to children about the savage practises of crucifixion and it's pretty darned difficult to get round the rEaster story without that.

Also re the resurrection - one set of parents of three I look after, scare their children by believing their house is haunted and getting in mediums etc regularly to exorcise it; the seven y o already sleep walks..... I didn't want to fuel that anxiety also

... And they say this is an easy job?!! Haha

jadavi
10-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Well I got the Easter book but don't fancy reading about how they beat Jesus, made him carry the cross and then the nasty last bit.... Think I'll lend it to his mum!