View Full Version : CRB help please

28-02-2013, 08:15 PM
My daughter has just got a job at a nursery. They need to see her documents for her CRB (forgotten the new name). 't Problem is,we can't find enough. She has a CRB for home but that isn't recent enough,she also had one done since then for a job she had as an assistant with a childminder, but that isn't recent enough either. She doesn't drive, her passport is out of date. her employer didn't give her a P45 because she didn't earn enough to pay tax. We have sent off for a bank statement - she does it all online, so not even got a paper record of that. The other documents are utility bills etc - but they are all in my name. Has anyone else had a problem like this? she is getting herself all upset because she is scared she will loose the job.

28-02-2013, 08:22 PM
exam certificates..could she take out a phone contract ..electoral register for proof of address,send for a catalogue ,next is usually quick ,then she'll have paperwork with her name on.

28-02-2013, 08:23 PM
also she should still get job but wont be able to be left unattended

28-02-2013, 08:35 PM
The will be a way around this, there always is, try not to worry, she may just need to apply for some stuff. She's not the only young person to need a "dbs" who doesn't have bills etc in her name.

28-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Wasnt national health service number one of them , :)

28-02-2013, 08:45 PM
On the website saying what the requirements are, it does say that if you haven't got the documents it can be done by fingerprint! If her old boss would do the P45 we would have it sorted, but she says she can't because she didn't have to pay tax. Am trying to find out if she is correct or if she can do one.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-02-2013, 09:23 PM
I thought you have to had a P45 when you left employment for the next employer so they know how much you have earn't. Contact the HMRC.

What about a birth certificate.

28-02-2013, 09:27 PM
I am having trouble finding evidence of my DS for his CRB now he is 16 - I phoned Dr for a copy of his NHS medical card and am hunting high and low for his NI card which I put away in a safe place - other than a birth certificate that is all he has :(

28-02-2013, 10:02 PM
the list is very limited for any youngsters living at home, and they want 3 things.

02-03-2013, 04:11 PM
You can ring for a NI number to be sent through if you cant find it, I gave up looking for my daughters lol you dont get another card but you get a letter with it on takes a couple of days. I used Birth certificate Ni number and a letter from school with exam details on as has her name and exam number on it.