PDA

View Full Version : Child wont eat!

Nicola Carlyle
28-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to pick your brains. I've been minding since October and took on two lovely brothers after school a few days a week. Mum says it would be tricky getting them to eat as they are so fussy and my reply was well I will ask then what sort of food they like and go from there but whatever I cook is what they will get as I just don't have time to make lots if different diners. Mum was fine with this and still is I may add.

The younger brother now does really well and always makes an effort with his tea which is great. My problem is that the older brother just doesn't eat. He won't eat snack unless its biscuits and whenever its tea time he doesn't even pick up his fork. He just looks at it and refuses to even try what I give him. Even if he were to like sausages he won't eat them if there is anything else in his plate he doesn't like. I am at my wits end. I know he goes home a mum makes him something that he will eat and she doesn't have a problem with this but I just get fed up with all the wasted food. I do make him sit at the table with us all when we have tea but just wondered if any of you had any ideas what else I could try? He's 9 by the way.

Thanks

cathtee
28-02-2013, 07:20 PM
If moms giving him tea when he gets home, then I would just give him a piece of toast while the others eat he may prefer something
small to eat.

rosebud
28-02-2013, 07:33 PM
What you're already doing sounds great and I would carry on, especially if you already have mums support. You could ask him if he would like to suggest a meal that he likes or even get him involved in preparation (home made pizza usually goes down well) but I really wouldn't worry too much. Its good for him to sit at the table even if he doesn't eat and I know wasted food is annoying but just try to view it that its his mum paying for it.