PDA

View Full Version : Wrong shoes

jackie 7
28-02-2013, 05:52 PM
I have one boy 2 1/2 who is difficult for parents. The usual, can't get him to eat food, sleep and into buggy without food. He wears shoes that are first shoes, nice and soft but no support. He can't run without balancing himself waving his arms and his ankles turn in do much. I mentioned it ages ago and mum said she would go out and buy new ones. He leaves me in 4 weeks which is another long saga but nothing to do with my care! Do I bother saying anything? I will miss him but not his weird ways and his non stop runny nose! I feel sorry as Obama sure his shoes are affecting his balance. Not sure if j should say something again of just leave it.

sarah707
28-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Are you writing a little transition report for him?

you could put something like - I am sure his walking will be much steadier once he has his new shoes :laughing:

jackie 7
28-02-2013, 06:47 PM
I did his 2yr check last October and I hadn't realised his shoes were causing his walking problems. I had to focus on his extreme shyness and selective mutism. Going to day care has made him much worse.

mummyMia
28-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Are you absolutely sure it is the shoes? Ds was a very late walker and when he finally did start to walk his ankles were really bent in. He had poor balance and would fall over at least once, sometimes two or three times, on every single school run, until he was about 5. His knees were constantly scraped and I was always having to pick him up off the ground. He was seen by a consultant who said he had loose joints and there was basically nothing I could do. He has mostly grown out of it now but is still a bit clumsy. Ds actually fell over a lot more with shoes on and had better balance in socks. xx