PDA

View Full Version : Knew i had forgotten something lol

ziggy
28-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Took three 2yr olds to soft play this morning, had great time. When it was time to leave i placed changing bag in front of car as i strapped all 3 into seats, then we got very excited watching bin lorry!!!

Drove to school to collect another child, got home and couldnt find changing bag :blush::blush::blush:. Phoned lady at soft play who knows us well and luckily someone had handed it in.

Please tell me i'm not only minder to have done this:blush:

jillplum
28-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Not exactly the same but I have left an easter basket made my mindee on top of the car when driving away from pre school. Another parent beeped at me and I had to get out and retrieve eggs etc from the car park :blush:

mummyMia
28-02-2013, 03:21 PM
At least you got it back :)
I am always leaving things behind wherever I go. Just can't seem to help it.

julie w
28-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Could be worse, you could have left one of the children lol

migimoo
28-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Could be worse, you could have left one of the children lol

Been there-done that! :blush: luckily only left in the car outside my house.....I've forgotten the pushchair and reversed over it before.

ziggy
28-02-2013, 04:03 PM
julie, i said the same to one of my mummies, as i had quite a few of her child's things in the bag lol

well, in future will make sure i throw bag in car before putting children in

mum22
28-02-2013, 06:23 PM
I left my buggy on the pavement outside school one day, didn't notice till the next day we parked in the same spot and saw a notice pinned to the tree "found buggy pls call .........." Doh how silly did I feel reading the notice out and then realised it was me :blush:

manjay
28-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I left my buggy on the pavement outside school one day, didn't notice till the next day we parked in the same spot and saw a notice pinned to the tree "found buggy pls call .........." Doh how silly did I feel reading the notice out and then realised it was me :blush:

I did this again last week:o. The last child to go in the car every day is on the opposite side to the pavement so I often get straight in and drive off. Luckily I park outside another childminders house so she just takes it in for me:D

RuthJ
28-02-2013, 07:06 PM

I've done this too, and drove off looking out my rear view mirror saying to the mindees "oh dear, someone's left their buggy on the pavement!" Took me a good few seconds to realise it was mine :laughing:

phoenix2010
28-02-2013, 07:09 PM
I collected a mindee from nursery , drove off leaving his buggy on the pavement

didnt realise until parent came to collect child that evening and it wasnt in my boot as normal

felt awful as it was her buggy and they didnt have much money , so i offered to replace it of course ,
and I was skint too :(

Luckily it had been spotted by a nursery nurse leaving work , she recognised it and parked it up in the buggy rack and mum picked it up the next day Doh!! :blush:

primula
28-02-2013, 09:54 PM
I am always doing stuff like that! left my handbag at playgroup twice! forget snacks for the kids! think its an age thing for me!!

caz3007
28-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Slightly different but years ago my ex hubby took the dog for a walk and popped in the shop tying dog up outside. About 2 hours later, I realised said dog wasnt around and asked him where it was.....off he rushed up the road. The owner of the shop said he had been made aware of our dog being there and he was also a dog owner and knew us and told the customer that when he shut the shop if he hadnt have been collected he would return him home....lol

blue bear
01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
DH left ds3 at customer services in Sainsburys, baby was only a week old and DH hadn't got used to having him around yet, was his excuse.

smurfette
01-03-2013, 08:34 AM
My mum and dad fostered when we were young and once my dad left the foster baby in the pram parked outside the shop when he went in, and then went home without it! Luckily we only lived two minutes walk away and the people in the shop knew my dad!

Helen Dempster
01-03-2013, 09:13 AM
I left a brand new Mamas and Papas buggy behind in a car park last year...unfortunately it wasn't handed in so someone had a bonus (on me!) that day!!!! :angry:

Sweetpea
01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I've left bags in carpark a where ive been so distracted making sure everyone is in okay

hectors house
01-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Slightly different but years ago my ex hubby took the dog for a walk and popped in the shop tying dog up outside. About 2 hours later, I realised said dog wasnt around and asked him where it was.....off he rushed up the road. The owner of the shop said he had been made aware of our dog being there and he was also a dog owner and knew us and told the customer that when he shut the shop if he hadnt have been collected he would return him home....lol

Yes I have left dog tied up outside the shop before and once parked at local shop then when I came out I forgot I had the car and walked home. Have twice left buggy on pavement but luckily I had to turn round and spotted it, another time I carried a baby back to car after toddlers then remembered buggy was in the pram park outside toddler group door. Now when I put mindees in car I make sure I first open the boot, this is my reminder to put buggy in!

Tinkerbell1979
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
I left my kids scooters on the pavement, didn't know till I went to get them out the next day, we weren't lucky.....they were gone