PDA

View Full Version : 5-8 Years

cbshoat
28-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Does anybody else find the 5-8 age range a tricky slot to fill? Children between these ages are at school and so cannot occupy full time apart from school hols surely???

gingerjames1
28-02-2013, 09:27 AM
We have always charged a full time fee whilst they are at school so that it keeps the space during holidays and for inset days, snow days or any other reason for school closing. All parents our parents have been happy to pay but most are either getting tax credits to pay for childcare or university.

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

marnieb
28-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Round here you'd never get any mindees if you charged while they're at school!!! I have 3 moving up to that age range in Sept, but this is the first time I'll have them in that age group.

mushpea
28-02-2013, 12:19 PM
I dont charge when they are at full time school, only the hours they are with me but then I dont have them in the school hols or on inset days etc,, if I did I would charge for all inset days regardless of wether they attended.

jillplum
28-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I have 4 part timers in the age group and have never charged while they are at school.

QualityCare
28-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't charge once they are at full time school and am happy to help out during inset days etc and cover days in the holidays if l am needed.

chezzagriff
28-02-2013, 02:53 PM
I only charge for before and after school and have a seperate holiday contract which I charge the same as my under 5s. If they are off on their contracted days they still pay. At the moment I am relying on this age range as I have my own 2 children under 5! The only thing I find difficult is that I have 5 schools all within walking distance from me and not one child has gone to the same school yet so it has meant that I have had to turn some away :(

VeggieSausage
28-02-2013, 09:29 PM
I have lots of after schoolies and would never charge while in school, they are not taking an eyfs place up....

Mrs Scrubbit
28-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Gosh in my 23yrs of minding I have never heard of a cm charging a full days fee for school children or any parent agreeing to either!