PDA

View Full Version : New job?!?!?!?!? Want opinions as i keep swaying

maryp0ppins
27-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Full time jobs going at Aldi in my area.................. Very tempted as I'm starting to get cabin fever.

I need advice

Pros - house back to normal & clean - my two are teens (exam yrs)& are getting fed up with all the kids so they would be happier - wont have to set cots up everyday ,risk assess etc - NO blumming paper work- paid holidays -

Cons - working weekends (but so does Hubby so it's not like I'm missing out on spending time with him) cannot pick my holidays & have to work around shifts/other people - money not AS good (but not too bad either really) -working for a BOSS (aaaarrrggggg)

Hub said whatever makes me happy he'll be 100% behind me ~ what if I go for it & hate it, then what?!?!?!?

What's your thoughts, do you think I'd be mad ????

Pixie dust
27-02-2013, 05:32 PM
You can keep your registration open then if you don't like it you can always come back. I think I have seen on here you can have it for 3 years without actually working but I maybe wrong.

I think alot of people are looking to change with all the uncertainty at the moment with agencies etc.

Goatgirl
27-02-2013, 05:56 PM
There's no harm in applying :), and if you can find somewhere to store your childminding stuff, you can always come back then if it doesn't work out. Unless something's changed, you will remain registered until you let Ofsted know you don't want to keep your registration or for 3 years, whichever occurs first :thumbsup:

I am planning to get an employed job in a few years, after I get married and move in with my partner (children all mid teens and older) and not looking forward to having to do as I'm told but love the thought of having a home with ALOT less clutter :D. Think the holiday choice and working weekends would keep me away from Aldi though........

Good luck whatever you decide :thumbsup:

cs01
27-02-2013, 05:57 PM
No harm in applying.

Easy to see why you fancy a change as your children are grown up, no paperwork, house will be your own again.....

maryp0ppins
27-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Thanks ladies. Gonna send my cv in tomorrow & see what happens or what days hours they offer -- nothing to loose :-)

MessybutHappy
27-02-2013, 06:27 PM
I say go for it, you aren't going to loose anything by trying!

Ripeberry
27-02-2013, 07:13 PM
If you are keeping your registration open you need to keep paying the Ofsted registration fee each year. Good luck with your new venture :thumbsup:

mummyMia
27-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Just wanted to say good luck with your application.
You can always go to the interview and see what sort of feel you get, before you make a final decision. :)

TAZ
27-02-2013, 09:47 PM
hope it all works out well for you :)

The Juggler
27-02-2013, 09:52 PM
go for it hon. if they offer it, you can decide then :D

jadavi
27-02-2013, 11:11 PM
What about the children you're minding now? Won't get them back of course if you change tour mind... Just devils advocate xxx

lorraine04
28-02-2013, 07:25 AM
I think you should apply and see what happens, more pro's than con's as far as i can see :)

maryp0ppins
28-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Jadavi - your right about not getting the same kiddies back & 3 of them are my nieces & nephews & 3 are not + have 2 after schoolers & 3/4 that come out of term time. But in my area its quite busy for us minders. I dare say it wouldn't take me to long to get started again.

I'm going to send my cv in today, see if I get a call & go from there & if the wages are a huge drop I'm gonna try & get my motivation going again with the minding :-P

rachelmama
01-03-2013, 05:43 PM
I wish you luck :thumbsup:

nipper
01-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Cabin fever seems to be catching, I think it's something to do with the weather this time of year!