PDA

View Full Version : news letter

disney
28-06-2008, 10:52 AM
i have just done this months news letter and have stated that i will be no longer providing food for my mindees only water and have asked all parents to bring a packed lunch :eek: i have decided to do this after having been told i need to keep every receipt for food plus it is costing me a fair bit .
i dont know how i actually got to do food as when i started i did say that i wouldnt be providing food but some parents forgot their lunch one day so i provided one but after that they didnt bring one at all .

also have put in the letter that i do not want mindees to bring things from home as i have on child that comes for 40 mins before school and he brings a sack of toys yesterday he bought a box of lego ( i already have boxes of lego ) i have said comfortors and teddys are fine but any thing else is unsafe for the smaller babies due to chocking on small parts and toys get broken and lost . dont think im going to be very popular on monday when i hand them out

Jinx
28-06-2008, 11:10 AM
I think it's fair enough.
I'm seriously thinking about saying NO to providing food too. It's either that or put my prices up, alot, and I know which the parents would prefer!!!!

The toys from home part is always an on-going problem isn't it.

At my daughters school they are allowed to bring something in on Tues and Thurs! They are 7 years old and I think this is ridiculous. :rolleyes:
They shouldn't need to bring toys in at that age!
Of course there are the same few kids who will bring something everyday regardless!!! Their parents seem to think rules don't apply to their little darlings! :rolleyes:

Jinx x

miffy
28-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I hope the parents take it well (and not personally) - good luck for monday!

miffy xx

Annie_T
28-06-2008, 06:43 PM
always the way .. you end up doing something you aid you wouldnt .... i dont blame you bout the toys hun tho as i see your point.. i wouldnt like it either....

lets see how monday goes - miss popular or not hehe xx
your be ok

Teresa
28-06-2008, 06:58 PM
i provide food for the ones that want me too but charge extra.

angeldelight
28-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Well its your business so your rules

Hope parents see it that way

Good luck

Angel xx

manjay
28-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Not sure I could get through a whole day with only giving mindees water. I would worry that parents would not send enough food. Lets face it they don't send enough of everything else. I provide meals and charge extra and just stick all the tesco receipts in a file.

I will not have toys from home. If they bring something it stays in my porch until hometime. No negotiation.

Hope your parents are ok.

bubbly
28-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure how I'd go about providing food receipts if a child forgot their packed lunch. I don't provide food so therefore don't have any separate receipts. Should I just let the child starve all day for the sake of the taxman or send the child home? How utterly ridiculous!

In the past I've just used food bought for my own family and charged the parents a token fee. Am I not allowed to do this any more? My parents will go ballastic at me if I couldn't provide a basic lunch in an emergency :panic:

disney
29-06-2008, 06:20 PM
well i will just tell you that i have a 5 year old who has a round of toast a bowl of cereal and some fruit at my house for breakfast and her mum has told me she has had all this at 7 am and againat my house at 8am :eek: plus on school hols they eat cereal , toast , lunch , sandwich , yoghurt , fruit and bicuits i have to hide my fruit as it just dissappers and im now doing a loaf a day . its not personal its called survival im afraid x

disney
29-06-2008, 06:47 PM
miffy you dont think they will take it personal do you ? its not meant to be the letter was given to every parent not just one so i have not singled any one out . i dont want to upset any one but one child gave some tiny piece of lego to my grandson that he brought from his house and it was sharp as it was a broken bit :eek: x

foxy lady
29-06-2008, 07:21 PM
its your house and your rules
if the children went to a nursey they would not be allowed to take them