PDA

View Full Version : Curly Hair - Resources?

Pandypops
27-02-2013, 04:30 PM
A parent of a little girl I mind has told me that the girl (2.5 years) has been saying she doesn't like her curly hair and wants Mummy's (straight) hair. We realised that there are hardly any characters, dolls, resources that show girls with curly hair, especially afro-style hair.

Mum has bought her the princess from "Brave" today (she loves princesses!), who has curly hair, but I wanted to ask you lovely lot if you knew of any dolls or resources that exist which show girls with curly hair. Any ideas or pointing in the right direction will be appreciated.

This girl is so beautiful and has amazing hair and I don't want her to think from such an early age that all girls have perfect, straight, flowing blonde locks....

Thanks!

SYLVIA
27-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I have a book called "I love my hair" which is quite nice. We have curlers in our hairdresser sets which we use to make dolls and our hair pretty and curly.

loocyloo
27-02-2013, 08:16 PM
we used to have a cabbage patch doll with curly hair.

miffy
27-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I found this blog

Beads, Braids and Beyond: Natural Hair for Dolls Tutorial (http://beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/natural-hair-for-dolls-tutorial.html)

Miffy xx

Maza
27-02-2013, 08:41 PM
The book 'All Kinds of People' is lovely and talks about the differences between people. One page talks about people with different types of hair. x

loocyloo
27-02-2013, 08:47 PM
I found this blog

Beads, Braids and Beyond: Natural Hair for Dolls Tutorial

Miffy xx

that is amazing! i am soooo tempted to dig out one of DDs unwanted barbies just to try it :D

miffy
27-02-2013, 08:55 PM
I found this blog

Beads, Braids and Beyond: Natural Hair for Dolls Tutorial

Miffy xx

that is amazing! i am soooo tempted to dig out one of DDs unwanted barbies just to try it :D

I thought the same! :D

Miffy xx

chriss
27-02-2013, 10:48 PM
and how about watching some film clips of Shirley Temple...and please dont say WHO ???

loocyloo
27-02-2013, 11:00 PM
and how about watching some film clips of Shirley Temple...and please dont say WHO ???

Or the film annie?

Pandypops
28-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Amazing ideas!

Thanks for lots of help :)

Grantham cmg
28-02-2013, 10:46 AM
As mentioned below the book "all kinds of people" is great, it talks about how we are all different- tall, short, glasses, pimples etc xx

silvermist
28-02-2013, 11:46 AM
My dd had one of these when she was little because she had a mop of curly hair. You can style them any way you want. They are called Curly Q dolls xx

Trpta108
28-02-2013, 12:41 PM
My daughter used to say exactly the same (I think it is quite normal for girls that age to want what their mummies have), but after years of both adults and friends commenting how lovely her hair is she now loves it:) She is 12 now. I always dreamed of having curly hair when I was a child:) TTS has a baby doll with brown skin and curly hair.