PDA

View Full Version : Is it reasonable to....

Memina
27-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi all,

I am currently 26 weeks pregnant and although I seem to be managing fine I waa thinkibg I could implement some changes that inevitably will make my life a bit easier.

Amongst many I want to include stuff like please put your children in easy pull down/up trousers like tracksuit and easier shoes as I am struggling to bend down and wrestle with them. But o want to word it like im encouraging thier child to be more independent.

Also stuff like I will no longer be preparing a hot meal at lunch and it will be a sandwhich lunch.

Id like to include something about reviewing thier emergency contacts with me and ensuring they have a strategy in place to collect thier child should an emergency happen. Remind the school that my dh can collect incase I cant drive etc

Anything else I should include?

jillplum
27-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I cant think of anything just now. It all sounds fine I dont see the parents having a problem with any of it.

AgentTink
27-02-2013, 03:24 PM
I suppose it is just part of risk assessing. I know my daughters teach is 5 months pregnant and no longer bend down to do shoes or getting things from the floor and all the children know this so go to the classroom assistants. I am sure all parents will understand

sarah707
27-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I would be honest with parents - you want to continue caring for their child but you have to make things a bit easier on your back - so you are going to be promoting some self help skills over the next few weeks and you would very much appreciate back up from home!

xx

TAZ
27-02-2013, 09:52 PM
I would just let the parents know why you want these changes, you need to take care of yourself & it's in their best interest to help you out. :)