PDA

View Full Version : wish me luck!

thills
27-02-2013, 09:53 AM
I have decided to bite the bullet and pay to become a gold member on childcare.co.uk and have just sent a handful of messages to possible parents! wish me luck :)

I am hoping 1 of them will reply as I could really do with a few more hours each week! I have only been set up a couple months and have 1 child on a Thursday at the moment, but he isnt a full day so really need to get a few more mindees :)

Pixie dust
27-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you...this time last year I was really struggling but now I am full but I don't take anything for granted with this job as things can change very quickly.

Good luck

Ballette
27-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Good luck and hope you get some more mindees ;)

Ballette
27-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you...this time last year I was really struggling but now I am full but I don't take anything for granted with this job as things can change very quickly.

Good luck

Totally random, I know, but I've just noticed we registered at the same time and have made the same number of posts on this forum!! :laughing:

Until I made this post, that is! :D

phoenix2010
27-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Good luck , its a great way to get work and I used it alot when I first started

wendy latimer
27-02-2013, 10:19 AM
hi i am also thinking of becoming a gold member,i also didn't have much work last year especally january.struggled to pay bills etc,as from september last year things have improved alot and i am quite full.how long for who knows.good luck.:)

thills
27-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Totally random, I know, but I've just noticed we registered at the same time and have made the same number of posts on this forum!! :laughing:

Until I made this post, that is! :D

hehe that is funny! how odd! good luck ;)

jillplum
27-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I have just become a Gold Member. I used to get a lot of phone calls from Family Information Service but havent had any for over a year! Hoping that internet may be the way to go. Sent some messgaes last night so will wait and see. I am quite full now but will have a space in September.

thills
28-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Yay I had an interview this morning and the lady is coming next week to sign contracts and introduce her older children who will occasionally be with me :)

Fingers crossed a second parent is coming for an interview on Saturday, so pleased

vikiwizz
28-02-2013, 01:51 PM
I've upgraded to gold member as well, but I'm not planning on starting childminding until Sept (currently and 7.5 month pregnant nanny) there doesn't seem to be a lot around at the moment for September starts, they all seem to be latest June so hoping In the next couple of months that will change :)

thills
28-02-2013, 02:48 PM
I am sure as the year progresses u will get more interest. I have 1 September start at the moment and had 1 person interested

chezzagriff
28-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I joined a week and a half ago as I wasn't getting any calls I sent some emails out and now I have a child for two days and have another parent coming out about another 2 days. I thought it was a rip off at first as seemed a lot to pay with no money coming in but I soon realised that its worth every penny as I have still not received one call, every enquiry I have had is due to that site! Good luck with it :thumbsup:

bernesewalking
28-02-2013, 03:26 PM
I have filled most of my spaces from this website too :)

ruby
28-02-2013, 05:10 PM
i have had a couple from there as well still getting people looking us but am full at the moment
but good luck to you all

cathy

vikiwizz
28-02-2013, 05:29 PM
I think it's worth joining and sending the messages, as far as I can see parents are doing a profile but not paying do are unable to message you until you message them :)