PDA

View Full Version : How many under 1's?

kime
26-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Hey :-)

I have today had confirmation that a family want to me mind their daughter from July, she will be 9 months old. Am feeling very happy with myself because they have been to see other childminders since our meeting last week but chose me :clapping:

I have another mum & dad coming to see me tomorrow whose daughter will be 9 months June when they would want me to start minding.

I'm confused following all the discussions about change in numbers & ratios. Can we have more than one child under 1??As I have an assistant, it would probably end up that I would have both on my for 2 mornings a week.

I don't want to waste their time if I wont be able to take their daughter on after all.

Thanks in advance.

Kim xx

jellytots2912
26-02-2013, 09:55 PM

I have today had confirmation that a family want to me mind their daughter from July, she will be 9 months old. Am feeling very happy with myself because they have been to see other childminders since our meeting last week but chose me :clapping:

I have another mum & dad coming to see me tomorrow whose daughter will be 9 months June when they would want me to start minding.

I'm confused following all the discussions about change in numbers & ratios. Can we have more than one child under 1??As I have an assistant, it would probably end up that I would have both on my for 2 mornings a week.

I don't want to waste their time if I wont be able to take their daughter on after all.

Thanks in advance.

Kim xx

You can only have two under 1`s if one of them is your own baby or they are sibling babies x that's how I understand it anyway :-) x

cathtee
26-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Yes it's only 1 under 1

SDC34cr
27-02-2013, 12:03 AM

Thanks in advance.

Kim xx

Hi do you have an assistant? If so you will be ok to have two children under 1. If your working on your own I would phone ofsted and see if they can help you( I very much doubt it) I guess it depends on if you have any other children at the same time. If you don't, you may just need to risk assess and put into writing to ofsted what you intend to do. You may have to get parents to sign an agreement for you to have both. Sorry a bit vague but I think this is now going to be the issues we are all going to have. Are we doing right or wrong!