PDA

View Full Version : Displaying children's work

Jenna
26-02-2013, 01:58 PM
I was just wondering what everyone does. I like to have the children's bits displayed on the wall, but I haven't got a play room for childminding we use our main front room. At the moment each month we do a new little topic and i just stick things onto the wall with blue tac. Only the wall has gone to look shabby and the pictures always seem to fall down. I have been looking into purchasing a notice/display board. I wondered what everyone else does. :idea:

miss mopple
26-02-2013, 02:08 PM
I send it home every day with the children. No space for art displays despite having a play room and they prefer to give it to mums and dads which suits me just fine :thumbsup:

nipper
26-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I took my display boards down over half term as it was too much effort to keep changing them. I've bought some nice Alex Clark farmyards prints to put up in their place. I prefer sending their artwork home now, because of the parents reactions..."Oh no, we'll have to clear yet more pace on the fridge!":clapping: Spot a weakness and exploit it, that's what I do.:laughing:

ChocolateChip
26-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I don't have a lot of room and hubby won't have it up in the lounge, fair play as it's his home too. I do have a magnetic notice board above the table in the kitchen diner which can be seen by parents, can fit about 9 A4 pictures on it at a push and I have a conservatory so I stick some things on the windows/ doors and have one of those plastic pocket hangers, it also holds 9 A4 and can be doubled sided, it hangs nicely from one of my top window latches!
Think I got it from Baker Ross.

Wheelybug
26-02-2013, 02:14 PM
I take a partnership approach with parents, I do the activities with the children, they display them at home:) I am not a nursery, I don't want noticeboards all over my walls.

loocyloo
26-02-2013, 02:14 PM
i do have a display board in my playroom, but i still send 99.9% of artwork home!

i use those A4 plastic display pockets too.

chezzagriff
26-02-2013, 02:26 PM
I send everything home at the end of the day :D

mushpea
26-02-2013, 02:28 PM
i was putting mine on the door that leads from hall to lounge but at the moment they all want to take stuff home which is fine by me other than that I display it untill their last day of the week then it goes home.

blue bear
26-02-2013, 04:30 PM
I use the plastic display pocket thing, shove it in the cupboard at the end of the day.

kel1983
26-02-2013, 05:25 PM
We have a piece of string like washing line along our dining room and mini pegs to display the childrens work The idea was that we could take it down regularly but like other piece around the house has been there since we put it up.

Rick
26-02-2013, 07:04 PM
I send it home every day with the children. No space for art displays despite having a play room and they prefer to give it to mums and dads which suits me just fine :thumbsup:

Yes I send mine home as well but I take a photo first in case I want to put it in the learning journal :thumbsup:

RuthJ
26-02-2013, 09:26 PM
We do a proper wall display (under the breakfast bar) every 6 months on average. Everything else gets sent home. I have enough of my own children's 'artwork' around and haven't got anywhere to put everyone else's masterpieces! The parents do love receiving a daily scribble :laughing:

Little Puddings
27-02-2013, 02:13 PM
I display the childrens art work in the playroom and send their work home when we change the theme on a termly basis. I take pictures of the display before I take it all down. The children love seing their work displayed.

Ive just took a picture of one of the walls (needs to come down butI have beeb busy with my OU course)

Little Puddings
27-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Sorry photo ended up sideways :(