PDA

View Full Version : Paid holidays

Gracie's mamma
26-02-2013, 01:50 PM
How many of you charge the parents for the holidays they take ?

I don't charge when i take holidays but should i feel bad when they take it and i charge them after all they get their holidays paid for by their work ???

Thank you

jillplum
26-02-2013, 01:56 PM
I dont charge for my holidays but I do charge when child is on holiday. Full fee if in term time half fee if in school holidays. I like quieter holidays.

nipper
26-02-2013, 01:56 PM
I charge parents half for anything up to ten days of their holidays...I think I do anyway. It's been ages since any of my little mindees were on holiday in term time with parents. I don't charge for my holidays, as most of my parents would need to arrange alternative childcare.

marnieb
26-02-2013, 02:00 PM
this subject comes up fairly often on here, and seems to be a definite split - those cm's who do charge don't see a problem with it as they've been minding for a while now and no parent has ever queried it.

Newer cms don't tend to.

I don't, mainly as yes we're self employed, so how you can charge when you're not available to work seems like madness to me!!

Also I try to think what would the parents actually want to do? Some may not be able to take the same week off work and may have to pay for alternitive childcare....

Tinkerbell1979
26-02-2013, 02:07 PM
I charge for child holiday but not my own x

AgentTink
26-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I do a bit of both. I have in my contracts a Christmas shut down from the 24th December until the 2nd of Jan, and that is at full pay. All other banks holidays I am open so charge parents, however if they wish to use me they need to let me know in advance and it is double fee. One of my families uses me now and again on a bank holiday just so her and her partner have a day off together and she is fine with the charges. Another of my families doesn't come to me on a Monday or Friday so are not impacted by bank holidays. All other holidays I take are at no charge to the parents. This system works for me and my families

ChocolateChip
26-02-2013, 02:35 PM
I don't charge for any of my hols or time off.
If a family are tto I don't charge a retainer but they also don't get any extra holiday allowance so pay for the whole term.
If all year round contract then they get two weeks at half fee on top of mine.

Jenna
26-02-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't charge for any time I'm off that includes my holidays, sick days and bank holidays. However I charge full for if children are on holiday or are ill I've just done a contract review and now charge 1/2 fees for snow days as I lost a bit of money with that bk in jan as it was my first year and didn't include anything about it in my contract plus I'd already bought food and arranged activities.

AliceK
26-02-2013, 05:02 PM
I keep it simple. If I am open and available to work I charge, if I'm not open then I don't charge.

xxx

ivy
26-02-2013, 06:31 PM
I always used to have the philosophy that if a child wasn't here , i never charged and did this for years , maybe that is whuy i have never made money .
Now , i charge half for when they are on holidays , sick etc , if they don't inform me i charge full because i can't replace their place .
They tend to attend more by me charging .

wendywu
26-02-2013, 06:36 PM
I take 5 weeks unpaid holiday a year, so if parents go away the same weeks as me they dont pay for holidays. Otherwise they do, its their choice.:):cool:

cindyn207
26-02-2013, 06:49 PM
i dont charge when im on holiday/sick , but i do charge if my my mindees are off sick or on holiday :)